Gen 2 > Gen 3 - Any regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TXRaaptor

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Well… Done it! No “buyers remorse” so far… Love it and the quality overall feels like a true step change!

Seeing the wheels in person changed my mind on swapping out the wheels from my Gen2 also.

Edit: For the eagle-eyed among you, you may have noticed I swapped out the antenna for the stubby I had on my Gen2

Thankfully it fits and I never listen to the radio so don’t care about radio reception before anyone pipes up (although it’s never been an issue to be fair).
IMG_7122.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7139.jpeg
    IMG_7139.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

ajohnsonone

Reaction score
I’d like to jump in on this one.

I went from a silver ‘18 with a ton of issues, so many that the dealership bought it back (at a discounted price of course) to a Magnetic Grey ‘20 that I loved, the best truck I ever had. Yep, HAD.

I got the itch and went for the TRX. Wow, that truck was amazing especially after owning a hellcat charger at the same time.

However…the little things that were missing tech wise vs my ‘20 raptor annoyed me more each day. Plus, the hemi tick and misc other things were just too much to settle for.

I took the ‘22 TRX and swapped it, and paid a bit out of pocket to get into a 2023 Oxford White Raptor.

Best move ever. Love this truck, not thrilled about the color as much as the previous silver and grey. But that said, I look at every other raptor and think, “I wish mine was that color”…

I even did it with the grey and silver gen 2’s wishing I had white, lol.

My wife thinks I’m nuts.

Love the Gen 3, I put 37’s on it with the raptor r wheels. Looks sick.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well… Done it! No “buyers remorse” so far… Love it and the quality overall feels like a true step change!

Seeing the wheels in person changed my mind on swapping out the wheels from my Gen2 also.

Edit: For the eagle-eyed among you, you may have noticed I swapped out the antenna for the stubby I had on my Gen2

Thankfully it fits and I never listen to the radio so don’t care about radio reception before anyone pipes up (although it’s never been an issue to be fair).
View attachment 437774
Congrats! I was going to swap my ‘20 beadlocks onto my ‘23, since the 20 beadlocks were my favorite by far. After seeing the ‘23 35 beadlocks in person they’ve grown on me a lot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter