Gen 2 > Gen 3 - Any regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the switch from a 2018 to a 2022 37pp about two weeks ago. 2018 had 3.0 FRS and bump stop kit. I took the Gen 3 off-roading and it is better in every aspect. I have no regrets

Tbogo

Reaction score
After totaling my 2020 I went with 2021 and I feel the suspension and infotainment were the best upgrades. However I liked the front end Gen 2 looks better.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G3 all the way for me. I may be in the minority that I like the looks of the G3 much more, especially in the lighter colors. The paint matched portion of the grill in the G2 around the headlights has the same effect as paint match fenders in my brain. My G2 was metallic so it was minimized, but I would never ever consider going back to a G2, and I loved that truck.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 3. Loved every single one.
The 2022 has some weird gremlins in the electronics but the 23 37pp I replaced it with was trouble free. Love the co r I been daily driving also 100%. Zero regrets compared to a 2020 gen 2.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G3 all the way for me. I may be in the minority that I like the looks of the G3 much more, especially in the lighter colors. The paint matched portion of the grill in the G2 around the headlights has the same effect as paint match fenders in my brain. My G2 was metallic so it was minimized, but I would never ever consider going back to a G2, and I loved that truck.
yeah i hate that part of the G2 too. Trying some vinyl to cover it.
G1 & G3 look so good cause of that.

Only thing that bothers me about the G3 are the fenders and flares, but every other part of it is better based on a test drive.

OP
OP
TXRaaptor

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Gen 3. Loved every single one.
The 2022 has some weird gremlins in the electronics but the 23 37pp I replaced it with was trouble free. Love the co r I been daily driving also 100%. Zero regrets compared to a 2020 gen 2.
Good to know! It’s a 2020 in Oxford White I’m looking at trading out for a ‘23 in Oxford White also. Looking at keeping my wheels off the ‘20 as not a fan of the forged wheels the ‘23 is coming with but the dealership are ok with the swap.