Gen 2 fuel injector code (P21D2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 2017 is throwing a code that states "cylinder 4 injector B circuit/open". Am I right to assume the injector is failing? I'd prefer to take the top of motor apart as few times as possible so if anyone has head this issue I'll take all suggestions.

Attachments

• 20230224_091211.jpg
    20230224_091211.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 2

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possible causes are injector, wiring, or PCM. The most common is wiring, especially if there’s been rodents nearby; they tend to chew the wires in the engine valley.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Possible causes are injector, wiring, or PCM. The most common is wiring, especially if there’s been rodents nearby; they tend to chew the wires in the engine valley.
About a year ago I dealt with a wiring issue due to rodents everything has been fine ever since and I deal with the roading issue with a BB gun and have not had any present since. I haven't seen any new ones around is it possible hole damage could have stayed doorman till now? The engine code comes and goes and it seems they're is a notable idol difference in the vehicle when it's on vs off

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About a year ago I dealt with a wiring issue due to rodents everything has been fine ever since and I deal with the roading issue with a BB gun and have not had any present since. I haven't seen any new ones around is it possible hole damage could have stayed doorman till now? The engine code comes and goes and it seems they're is a notable idol difference in the vehicle when it's on vs off
It’s possible, once the insulation is damaged the wires will become corroded and fall apart. If multiple strands are damaged the resistance will go up, which can cause intermittent operation of the injector. Port injection is used at idle, which is why you’ll feel a difference in how the engine runs when an injector cuts out.