Gen 1 vs Gen 3 “at a glance”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the gen2 and gen3 are waaaay too similar, unless your a raptor enthusiast like most are that even care. Average person won’t have a clue. But I do agree that the gen1 and gen3 are similar in ways.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I think the gen2 and gen3 are waaaay too similar, unless your a raptor enthusiast like most are that even care. Average person won’t have a clue. But I do agree that the gen1 and gen3 are similar in ways.

yeah they may be better in ways but for looks they are nice but arent as noticeably standing out.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless you're a Raptor fan, the "new" vehicle on the block isn't a Raptor. New was in the limited production gen 1 and it stood out. It got a lot of attention then. Now it's another vehicle to most people.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless you're a Raptor fan, the "new" vehicle on the block isn't a Raptor. New was in the limited production gen 1 and it stood out. It got a lot of attention then. Now it's another vehicle to most people.
Gen 1 wasn’t limited production. And it looks like the 12 year old vehicle it is next to a G2 or G3. Both of which are massively more differentiated from a standard F-150 than G1 ever could have ever dreamed of being.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not talking about now for a gen 1. When it came out it totally looked different from anything else on the road. It was definitely limited when introduced. I waited over 6 months to get mine and it wasn't a part shortage delay!

Now quite a few other brands have names across the grill, 3 lights in front, led marker corner lights, extended width..... Copied the original. NOTHING but a gen 1 had that for several years.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not talking about now for a gen 1. When it came out it totally looked different from anything else on the road. It was definitely limited when introduced. I waited over 6 months to get mine and it wasn't a part shortage delay!

Now quite a few other brands have names across the grill, 3 lights in front, led marker corner lights, extended width..... Copied the original. NOTHING but a gen 1 had that for several years.
I hear that.

Now even Taco owners are installing marker lights in their grilles ‍ :facepalm:

Last edited: