Geisers, Deaver +3s, RPG Bumps and 37s (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you'll end up having to trim a really small part of plastic off. it can be done with a utility knife and is super easy.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my mechanical ineptness for a minute...but doing the Geisers in the front...does that kinda take the place of folks who are doing the collars (for instance, I was going to do the C.A.S system and Deavers in order to add 37s)...are the Geisers a better option than the C.A.S system...or is it 2 different things for 2 different types of driving(i'm not 4 wheeling the truck anything major). Which would be the better option. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row and everytime I thing I have it, I read another post of someone who did something a bit different...hahah. When it comes to price, they are pretty much the same...approx. $500 for Geisers and $537 for C.A.S

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been out of town for the last two weeks, so I finally got a chance to take some pictures of the completed build last night when I got home.

The Geisers and Deaver +3s really leveled it out and while "slightly" stiffer, it feels much more planted in a very good way. The rake is less than one inch back to front, which is just what I wanted. I really think Ford should be using Deavers on all Raptors from the factory. :smile: The Toyo RTs are very smooth riding and quiet on the road compared to Toyo MTs and the older General Grabbers I have on my Gen 1.

I definitely feel the braking difference with the 37s, but the MPT tune, FR IC, SPD Turbo Adapters and muffler replacement more than make up for any loss of power or speed. The truck has come alive with a nice deep growl under heavy throttle, but with only the SPD TA and a muffler replacement, it is quiet under normal driving with zero drone at highway speeds.

As Zombiekiller mentioned, they had to trim a small piece of the inner fender plastic on both sides of the front. (Nothing as horrible as the hatchet job Jake17 loves to post)

I will post more detailed pics in the second post and more thoughts on how it drives after I get more seat time behind the wheel. The first two pictures are what it looked like the day I brought it home from the dealership in April. The rest are from last night.

Raptor 2018 Orig.jpg

Raptor 2018 Orig2.jpg

Raptor 2018 RF.jpg

Raptor 2018 R2.jpg

Raptor 2018 F.jpg

Raptor 2018 LF.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you relocate your IC?

Truck looks great man, much better than stock

Yes. I also did the MPT tune, SPD TA, colder spark plugs with a black Full Race IC mounted behind the front grille.

The custom bumper/skid plate and 40" BD Arc light bar were added after the frame horns were cut. (ie. The stock IC location is no longer possible)

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I also did the MPT tune, SPD TA, colder spark plugs with a black Full Race IC mounted behind the front grille.

The custom bumper/skid plate and 40" BD Arc light bar were added after the frame horns were cut. (ie. The stock IC location is no longer possible)

I thought so, I just couldn't see the IC, which makes sense that it looks black.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is exactly what I wanted! I did not want to see the huge silver IC behind my grill, so I went with black.

Good luck! I went with a black front mount intercooler on my blacked out 2005 Subaru sti and it lasted all of one winter. I painted it once and it lasted another winter. After that, I sanded it down so it was silver.

Could work a lot better on a truck though, where the IC is like 3 feet offthe ground instead of 3 inches.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck! I went with a black front mount intercooler on my blacked out 2005 Subaru sti and it lasted all of one winter. I painted it once and it lasted another winter. After that, I sanded it down so it was silver.

Could work a lot better on a truck though, where the IC is like 3 feet offthe ground instead of 3 inches.

What was happening to it that it only lasted one winter? Rocks, road salt, heat or something else?

I ordered it painted black from Full Race, so I hope they have the proper paint to handle the heat of their own IC...

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What was happening to it that it only lasted one winter? Rocks, road salt, heat or something else?

I ordered it painted black from Full Race, so I hope they have the proper paint to handle the heat of their own IC...

Definitely rocks, sand, gravel, etc. It was a very expensive Perrin intercooler, powdercoated, so not some ebay crap. Im sure a truck IC up high will last much better then how low it was on my scoob.