Geisers, Deaver +3s, RPG Bumps and 37s (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which offset would leave the least amount of rubbing between being flush like the OEM wheels or an offset where they stick out 1-2”, or an offset where they start sticking out way too far for my liking 3-5” poke? Or is it even that simple and the offset could just change where the tires are actually rubbing? Sorry for what may be a simple question to most familiar with this stuff.

I haven’t built a 4x4 truck since I was in my teens and just threw a 5” lift on a 1994 4 door Jimmy and put some 31” Thornburgs on it on a 15” wheel with a 2-3” poke which caused me to do some major trimming. I was OK with it on that truck because I was young and dumb. That truck was sunk more times than I can remember but was fun for what it was back then. Lol.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So which offset would leave the least amount of rubbing between being flush like the OEM wheels or an offset where they stick out 1-2”, or an offset where they start sticking out way too far for my liking 3-5” poke? Or is it even that simple and the offset could just change where the tires are actually rubbing? Sorry for what may be a simple question to most familiar with this stuff.

The 17x8.5 Methods wheels use a 0mm offset, which makes them stick out about an 1 1/4" further than stock. Anything that sticks out further than a 0 offset on an 8.5" wheel runs the risk of hitting the body of the Raptor under full compression, so I would not recommend them.

Several of the 17x8.5 Fuel wheels, like mine, have a +6 offset.

You will get the least amount of outside tire rubbing on the inner fender wells with a factory +34 offset, but I do not like my wheels to be under the truck that far. With the factory offset, you risk rubbing the inside of the tire on the steering components if the tire is too tall or the tread is too aggressive.

There are several tire vendors on this forum who can help you decide which ones will work based on the lift, tires and wheels you want. Most of the wheel companies who make F150 specific wheels, have an offset that works for the Raptor crowd.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17x8.5 Methods wheels use a 0mm offset, which makes them stick out about an 1 1/4" further than stock. Anything that sticks out further than a 0 offset on an 8.5" wheel runs the risk of hitting the body of the Raptor under full compression, so I would not recommend them.

Several of the 17x8.5 Fuel wheels, like mine, have a +6 offset.

You will get the least amount of outside tire rubbing on the inner fender wells with a factory +34 offset, but I do not like my wheels to be under the truck that far. With the factory offset, you risk rubbing the inside of the tire on the steering components if the tire is too tall or the tread is too aggressive.

There are several tire vendors on this forum who can help you decide which ones will work based on the lift, tires and wheels you want. Most of the wheel companies who make F150 specific wheels, have an offset that works for the Raptor crowd.

Thank you! That makes sense and am grasping how the offsets affect the different rubbing places after you explained it like that.

I too don’t like them completely tucked!

Bests
Alex

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I know what you are asking. :smile:

If you go with the same tires as mine on factory bead locks wheels, you need to lift your front at least 2.5" to 3". The factory wheels have an offset of +34, so they will stick out one inch less than mine. You may have to trim a portion of your inner wheel wells to avoid rubbing.

If you get your truck tuned by MPT, you will get an NGauge handheld tuner which allows you to update the trucks computer to match the size of your wheels and axle ratio. This will give you more accurate MPH and MPG readings.

Here is the other thread where someone posted a video explaining the process:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/can-mpt-tune-adjust-37s-61772/

It takes about 5 minutes to make the change.

yeah, i will install geiser spring and deaver+3 next week. So the tire 37*12.5*17 will fit?

i see that thread, i know the height to input, but wat is the axle ratio?

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, i will install geiser spring and deaver+3 next week. So the tire 37*12.5*17 will fit?

i see that thread, i know the height to input, but wat is the axle ratio?

I have not tried it personally, but others on this forum have mounted 37" tires on their Gen 2 factory bead locks with out issues.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f262/37s-both-60520/

The axle ratio setting is used if you change gear ratio on your truck to accommodate larger diameter tires. The next size up for our trucks would be a 4.56 ratio.

https://www.americantrucks.com/motive-performance-456-gears-f150.html

If you are not planning to physically change the ring and pinion gearing, it is not necessary to change the axle ratio value.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not tried it personally, but others on this forum have mounted 37" tires on their Gen 2 factory bead locks with out issues.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f262/37s-both-60520/

The axle ratio setting is used if you change gear ratio on your truck to accommodate larger diameter tires. The next size up for our trucks would be a 4.56 ratio.

https://www.americantrucks.com/motive-performance-456-gears-f150.html

If you are not planning to physically change the ring and pinion gearing, it is not necessary to change the axle ratio value.

thanks for your word. I ll just change the 37's tire, and will not change the axle ratio. And you have any pics of your trim of fenders?

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for your word. I ll just change the 37's tire, and will not change the axle ratio. And you have any pics of your trim of fenders?

Here is the amount I had to trim on both sides. It was done in about 5 minutes with a grinding wheel.

I will clean it up after I get a chance to remove the tires next weekend.

Attachments

• Raptor 2018 Trim.jpg
    Raptor 2018 Trim.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stinger hood is what I call the area around the hood grille on our trucks. I plan to use a matte black vinyl wrap, similar to what other have done on their roofs.

I will try to find a picture...

The "little" Raptor in the middle is the best shot of a stinger hood I could find:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMACjSHVXpXTwBoiC4Fu0m5Xy1vQ-QnI7rGc8NIJapZz4o5UXhRzVBrbCWg8jjDUw?key=dHZmNWEzM2ZtYVE1UVRDQzB6WlRkY09Xb3NIREp3

Here is another example of what I am calling a stinger hood from a member on this forum. I am planning to do an all black vinyl wrap in this area versus the black and red paint he did on his Leadfoot.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/omg-lead-foot-lightning-blue-62706/index5.html

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good! We have the same color! I went to see Miller today, he is ordering me the RPG 1.5" for my truck!

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I also did the MPT tune, SPD TA, colder spark plugs with a black Full Race IC mounted behind the front grille.

The custom bumper/skid plate and 40" BD Arc light bar were added after the frame horns were cut. (ie. The stock IC location is no longer possible)

I'd love to ride in it to feel the power one day!