Geiser Springs and +3 Deavers installed (Pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and measurements. On a side note, I have a Screw because I need the extra rear seat room for the family, but in my opinion, your Scab looks a lot sportier. Any interest in trading your Scab for my Screw and two kids?

I have 2 teenage boys and we have enough room...can they stretch out fully no, but they are teenagers getting to ride in 70K truck...they can deal with it. To be honest though, the main reason i got the scab is because the screw would not fit in my garage. I wanted it fit in the garage! Plus the my boys sacrifice a little leg room for the awesomeness of driving in a Raptor! Just ask them and their friends! I also like the shorter more sporter look to the SCAB.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best bang for the buck...$tarbuck$ grinder mod :pp:

trying to figure you out. If you run 37's on a gen 2, you need to do some cutting/grinding. OK, it's not a simple bolt on but who cares? Cut and grind away, so what. There are plenty of mods people do to their toys to personalize them. Just not sure why you show the same pic over and over as if its a bad thing? Please explain

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i had to do with my 37s was a razor blade on the inner thin black plastic, trimmed out a 3 inch tall section, there is nothing behind it but air, it's an inner overhang piece. i definitely did not have to touch any of the honeycomb.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im getting sick of your shit bro

He went way past his limit for intolerable posts many months ago... :crazy:

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Seeking some advice .... since I am trying to get enough lift to add 37" tires as cheaply as possible without doing anything overly cheap or stupid, I am going to add the Geiser springs which would add 2.5" to 3" of lift in the front. I could definitely spend more money and add Deaver leaf springs to the rear, but if I am interested in saving money, what are your thoughts on one of the following for the back end:

1) Replacing the rear lift blocks with some that are 1.5" to 2" inches taller (I still want a little rake from the rear to the front to give the impression of the truck sitting higher.)
2) Using different shackles that make the rear sit 1.5" to 2" inches taller.
3) Adding a leaf to the existing leaf springs (not big on this idea because I do not want the truck to ride any stiffer).

1. I do not recommend taller lift blocks as the severe axle wrap will cause problems for you down the road.

2. Ask Truckzor about lift shackles. I have not heard of ones that make the truck taller, only shorter, but I may be wrong.

3. A leaf under your factory leafs will definitely make the ride stiffer!

Your best bet is to go with Deaver +3s. I spent about $1600 on mine with installation, but it was well worth it for the ride quality and off-road capability. I also added RPG Stage 2 bumps, but you can do the SDHQ replacement plates for much cheaper.

all i had to do with my 37s was a razor blade on the inner thin black plastic, trimmed out a 3 inch tall section, there is nothing behind it but air, it's an inner overhang piece. i definitely did not have to touch any of the honeycomb.

^^^ THIS !! ^^^

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

trying to figure you out. If you run 37's on a gen 2, you need to do some cutting/grinding. OK, it's not a simple bolt on but who cares? Cut and grind away, so what. There are plenty of mods people do to their toys to personalize them. Just not sure why you show the same pic over and over as if its a bad thing? Please explain

He never explains himself and likes to use awkward smilies with bold pink font to make random comments. Most people ignore him, but he always comes back when you least expect it, like an annoying little brother.

Last edited:

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My costs were very close to Tlh235s, except I added the RPG Stage 2 bump stops to mine.

1. I jumped straight to 37 Toyo RTs, so I never drove mine with the factory wheels/tires. I feel the truck rides slightly firmer, but in a good way. There is no leaning around corners and it takes bumps beautifully compared to stock. The 37s feel heavier in the steering wheel and while braking, but the MPT tune totally made up for power-loss of the bigger tires. I am very happy with the changes I made and I would do it again! :smile:

2. I paid $499 for the Geisers and $1265 for the Deavers. Total of $1764, plus $173 for shipping both of them to the shop.

For my installation, I paid $180 for the Geiser and $330 for the Deaver +3s. Total of $510.

I paid $109 for an alignment at the Ford dealer by my house since other local shops could not fit the truck on their machines due to the track width of 87".

RPG Stage 2 bumps were $1394 and $180 to install.

3. I had to trim a small 1" x 1" piece of the inner wheel well that was rubbing on both sides. I may do more in the future, if needed.

Will you please take a picture of what you had to trim?

Bests
Alex

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will you please take a picture of what you had to trim?

Bests
Alex

Here is a picture of one of the sides which were done very quickly with a small grinding wheel. I will clean it up when I get time to remove the wheels this weekend or next.

Both sides look about the same.

Attachments

• Raptor 2018 Trim.jpg
    Raptor 2018 Trim.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 214

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
The 3/4" difference from back to front is the same amount of rake I have on mine. I think it is a perfect stance for our trucks!

Now, you need to grab some 37s and toss them on! :biggrin:

With the above setup up Geiser/ Deaver +3 would 37/12.5R20 fit?? Wheel 20x10 -18mm offset?

Thanks

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the above setup up Geiser/ Deaver +3 would 37/12.5R20 fit?? Wheel 20x10 -18mm offset?

Thanks

Sure it will fit but your wheels will stick out past the fenders so don't expect to do any real off roading. Your truck will be one of those stanced looking trucks with wheels sticking out about 2" past fenders.

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
Sure it will fit but your wheels will stick out past the fenders so don't expect to do any real off roading. Your truck will be one of those stanced looking trucks with wheels sticking out about 2" past fenders.

im mostly planning on mudding with a winch.
and stance is actually milder compared to 20x12 -44 i had previously.
my question is about trimming involved. And obviously not top have any sort of rubbing