Geiser Springs and +3 Deavers installed (Pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the above setup up Geiser/ Deaver +3 would 37/12.5R20 fit?? Wheel 20x10 -18mm offset?

Thanks

No. As I mentioned in another thread, a 10" wheel with a -18 offset will stick out a *lot* further than factory which are pretty close to even with the outside edge of the body.

Factory wheels are 8.5" wide with a +34mm offset
Fuel wheels you are asking about are 10" wide with a -18 offset

Wheel Offset Calculator:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

The difference will be 71mm or 2.8 inches for the outer position! Yikes!

As others have said, if you plan to only drive the truck on the street and never go fast over bumps, you "might" be fine. You are much better off using those wheels and tires on a 6-8" lifted F150. Otherwise, you will need to buy +3 fenders and bedsides to clear the 37" tires under compression for your Raptor. (assuming you have one...)

https://fiberwerx.com/products/pf/ford/

As a final note, my Fuel Trophy wheel are 17x8.5" wide with a +6mm offset. They work with the above suspension specs with only minor trimming.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im mostly planning on mudding with a winch.
and stance is actually milder compared to 20x12 -44 i had previously.
my question is about trimming involved. And obviously not top have any sort of rubbing

Out of curiosity, what kind of truck and how much of a lift did you have to run 12" wide wheels with a -44 offset without rubbing on the body?

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what kind of truck and how much of a lift did you have to run 12" wide wheels with a -44 offset without rubbing on the body?

2016 F150 3.5 EB See attached images. 6" BDS lift.
Which i traded in for a GT350
And currently awaiting my 2019 Raptor on order.

I had issues with my suspension and ride quality on my F150 . I had to do alignment a few times a months due to jumping curbs while driving and other fun stuff.
That is why I am taking '19 Raptor suspension very seriously. Want to have a sort of "rednecky" look but not to THAT extreme to jeopardize ride quality.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giant offset wheels and hitting curbs for fun and you are surprised you had to align it constantly. Hate to break it to you but Im willing to bet the raptor is going to have the same issue.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2016 F150 3.5 EB See attached images. 6" BDS lift.
Which i traded in for a GT350
And currently awaiting my 2019 Raptor on order.

I had issues with my suspension and ride quality on my F150 . I had to do alignment a few times a months due to jumping curbs while driving and other fun stuff.
That is why I am taking '19 Raptor suspension very seriously. Want to have a sort of "rednecky" look but not to THAT extreme to jeopardize ride quality.

With the new shocks on the 2019, it is still unknown if the 17/18 Raptor suspension modifications will work.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the new shocks on the 2019, it is still unknown if the 17/18 Raptor suspension modifications will work.

Agreed I would just get the truck first and enjoy it stock see what you think of it before you go off and ruin what the truck was meant for.

If you want that look just go back and get another F150, save your money no need to get a Raptor since you will be taking away all of the reasons that make a Raptor so special.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Geiser and Deaver+3 springs. I was very worried about the ride becoming too sfiff, but that definitely is not an issue. The truck definitely does not have as much body roll and the ride might be a tad stiffer on-road, but nothing noticeable. As for ride improvements, I can't speak for off-road use because I have not had a chance to give that a shot, but I don't see the huge improvements that everybody else has talked about for on-road...... maybe 20% better? That said, I am very pleased that I will now be able to fit 37" tires on the truck which was my main reason for doing the upgrade. If anybody else really wants 37s and is tight on money, I would suggest just doing the Geiser springs in the front and staying stock in the rear. I don't think you would be too unhappy with that setup and could add the Geiser springs later. I gained 2.5 inches up front and one inch in the rear. Hopefully I do not experience too much sag with either set of springs as they settle.

All that said, I would still love to have another two inches of lift to get a certain look. Am I going to start breaking things, or wearing them out much sooner, if I add Geiser's two inch leveling kit to the front and two inch lift blocks to the rear? Can the changes that I am suggesting be done? Per my understanding, the ride should remain about the same except for the ill effects of raising the center of gravity, but I'm not sure if the other components, especially those on the front, can hold up with another two inches of lift added. Thoughts?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just installed my Geiser and Deaver+3 springs. I was very worried about the ride becoming too sfiff, but that definitely is not an issue. The truck definitely does not have as much body roll and the ride might be a tad stiffer on-road, but nothing noticeable. As for ride improvements, I can't speak for off-road use because I have not had a chance to give that a shot, but I don't see the huge improvements that everybody else has talked about for on-road...... maybe 20% better? That said, I am very pleased that I will now be able to fit 37" tires on the truck which was my main reason for doing the upgrade. If anybody else really wants 37s and is tight on money, I would suggest just doing the Geiser springs in the front and staying stock in the rear. I don't think you would be too unhappy with that setup and could add the Geiser springs later. I gained 2.5 inches up front and one inch in the rear. Hopefully I do not experience too much sag with either set of springs as they settle.

All that said, I would still love to have another two inches of lift to get a certain look. Am I going to start breaking things, or wearing them out much sooner, if I add Geiser's two inch leveling kit to the front and two inch lift blocks to the rear? Can the changes that I am suggesting be done? Per my understanding, the ride should remain about the same except for the ill effects of raising the center of gravity, but I'm not sure if the other components, especially those on the front, can hold up with another two inches of lift added. Thoughts?

I wouldn't go up any more. Technically you could bring the back up with less issue but you need a 4" FabTech drop bracket lift to achieve that front lift height without having crazy CV angles. And you don't want to do that. Drop bracket and Raptor do not belong in the same sentence together lol.

I know you want more but the +3/Geiser is perfect IMO. The other option is big fenders and 40's.
40's are the new 37's lol
SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 2.png SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 3.png

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go up any more. Technically you could bring the back up with less issue but you need a 4" FabTech drop bracket lift to achieve that front lift height without having crazy CV angles. And you don't want to do that. Drop bracket and Raptor do not belong in the same sentence together lol.

I know you want more but the +3/Geiser is perfect IMO. The other option is big fenders and 40's.
40's are the new 37's lol
View attachment 113557 View attachment 113558

Thanks for the response!!!! I like the big fender and 40's option. What brand of fenders did you use? How hard is the install? How much do they cost? Any other mods that would be required to make this happen?