GEN 2 Gas Milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats shit sure gets old....

Im a hero !!! i dont care about mpg !!!

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

whats your deal???? Some kinda e-30 education fund??

I'm a farmer :e30: rocks

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mini Road-trip mileage

Venture (Yes, I named my truck) needed to stretch his legs yesterday, so after work I drove from Seattle up to Sedro-Woolley to have dinner at Cascade Pizza. If gluttony truly is a deadly sin, then when I make my final road-trip to he77 I'm laying the blame squarely at their feet. Pizza's supposed to be pretty good but I've never tried one, I go for the baked lasagna. Gassed up North of the city (cheaper), and reset the trip meter. Made it up to S-W then headed up the North Cascade Highway until it was closed at the Ross Lake trailhead. Turned around and headed home. 18.9 mpg by the truck computer, wasn't babying it but wasn't thrashing it either (note the low miles), especially where the highway looked icy. Gassed up the morning and came up with a calculated mpg of 18.2. I'll take that any day in a truck this fun, powerful and comfortable. When I gassed up I got a DTE of just over 600miles! Anyone every had a better number than that?

Attachments

• IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2027.jpg
    IMG_2027.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 36

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Venture (Yes, I named my truck) needed to stretch his legs yesterday, so after work I drove from Seattle up to Sedro-Woolley to have dinner at Cascade Pizza. If gluttony truly is a deadly sin, then when I make my final road-trip to he77 I'm laying the blame squarely at their feet. Pizza's supposed to be pretty good but I've never tried one, I go for the baked lasagna. Gassed up North of the city (cheaper), and reset the trip meter. Made it up to S-W then headed up the North Cascade Highway until it was closed at the Ross Lake trailhead. Turned around and headed home. 18.9 mpg by the truck computer, wasn't babying it but wasn't thrashing it either (note the low miles), especially where the highway looked icy. Gassed up the morning and came up with a calculated mpg of 18.2. I'll take that any day in a truck this fun, powerful and comfortable. When I gassed up I got a DTE of just over 600miles! Anyone every had a better number than that?

20.5 for trip south to Nags Head, puttering around OBX for various things until fill up. math on fill up was about 20.6 something. Of course, great mpg for the commute, means more fuel to cane the truck when you want, so the next tank didn’t quite go as far. Oh well.:biggrin:

Trip back was about 18 flat.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...just did the math on my numbers above. 603 miles DTE divided by my 18.9 average comes out to 31.9 gallons. Call it 32 gallons in a (labeled) 36 gallon tank. Does Ford give us a 4 gallon reserve? Anyone ever ran theirs dry for kicks 'n grins to see how far you can go after DTE reads zero?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Interesting...just did the math on my numbers above. 603 miles DTE divided by my 18.9 average comes out to 31.9 gallons. Call it 32 gallons in a (labeled) 36 gallon tank. Does Ford give us a 4 gallon reserve? Anyone ever ran theirs dry for kicks 'n grins to see how far you can go after DTE reads zero?

No. I’ve been to maybe 50 on the DTE but that was on a trip. I’m a little hesitant to do this because a bunch of the F150 owners have reported that parking on inclines with low fuel can result in trouble starting.