Garage Kept or Outside in the Elements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AndysLog you are a waste to talk to! Last time I am pointing out your ******* statements
The inside of a boat IS MADE TO BE IN THE ELEMENTS! Gets wet every time we use. But leave it out, not good. Sun would trash it
Plane stuff. Just shut up. The reason I know what they cost? I see the bill- you?
My tractors are John Deere- yours?
Again all this straight outta your ass!
Yep Rick you nailed it. ******* in general!

right but if you left a boat out in the elements with no cover it would be ruined correct?

it would not be the same situation for a truck.

im sorry you feel i am an *******, i have done nothing but discuss a point of view. which you are having a hard time dealing with because the points you bring up are just proving my original point of view.

dude im glad you see a bill, thats awesome. bearings can and do get into the thousands of dollars. i have seen it before. so idk what to tell ya. also the bearing thing isnt really the core of the belief, we are hung on nonsense. leaving a plane outside and leaving a car outside are two different conversations all together.

-tractors couple older fords-again proving my point i have them in my carport and with a tarp to protect them from elements that would damage them.

im sorry having an opinion that doesnt jive turkey with yours makes me an *******. does it make you stupid to think cars/trucks are as exposed as a ******* boat floating on the water with nothing protecting it lol?
ill leave that for you to decide. #boatsnhoes

Last edited:

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I hope you are kidding? Any time you can keep it away from sun, rain, and etc. it helps. Why do you think it cost more for covered/inside parking? We keep all equipment we can covered and it helps. Look around automobiles, planes, boats, tractors, even football stadiums last longer if covered.

I bet he covers his $300 grill, but is cool with his $70,000 truck sitting outside.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given the option, wouldn't everyone keep their vehicle in the garage.?. Unfortunately my 100yo garage was ment for a horse drawn buggy, not a raptor.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When we built our custom home 2 years ago, I designed the garage to make sure parking inside it would be no problem. We did oversized doors too.

I can park my 18 SCAB with a foot behind it and 3 feet in front. Plenty of room.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In vs out of garage has absolutely zero impact on the truck other than limiting it's UV exposure. Keep it waxed and use some detailer on the seats and dash and the truck won't know the difference. Rain and snow falling on the truck in the driveway is significantly less harmful than rain blasted at your undercarriage and bearings at 75mph on the highway. People who think rain and snow falling from the sky hurt a truck blow my mind.

Oh and the boat thing....boats get damaged by UV but are significantly harder to wax/seal so covering a boat is important. Unless your boat is aluminum and painted then it doesn't matter.

My racecar stays inside because well.....it has no windows. And my motorcycles stay inside because well they look better shiny. But they too don't melt in the rain.

Last edited:

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In vs out of garage has absolutely zero impact on the truck other than limiting it's UV exposure. Keep it waxed and use some detailer on the seats and dash and the truck won't know the difference. Rain and snow falling on the truck in the driveway is significantly less harmful than rain blasted at your undercarriage and bearings at 75mph on the highway. People who think rain and snow falling from the sky hurt a truck blow my mind.

A couple years ago, my brother bought a 1994 Bronco in Western Michigan with 13,000 miles on it. The previous owner drove it sparingly and always kept it in a temperature controlled garage. Every time my brother takes the Bronco out, he gets compliments and offers to buy it. The truck is in absolute mint condition.

So to verify your statement above, that same Bronco left in a driveway or a yard, exposed to the elements for over 20 years, would be in the same condition as one in a temperature controlled building?

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago, my brother bought a 1994 Bronco in Western Michigan with 13,000 miles on it. The previous owner drove it sparingly and always kept it in a temperature controlled garage. Every time my brother takes the Bronco out, he gets compliments and offers to buy it. The truck is in absolute mint condition.

So to verify your statement above, that same Bronco left in a driveway or a yard, exposed to the elements for over 20 years, would be in the same condition as one in a temperature controlled building?

I'm saying driving in the rain is harsher on your vehicle than it sitting in the driveway in the rain. The bronco is probably mint because its never seen much use or rain not because it sat in a heated garage. My dirtbikes sit in a climate controlled shop but still get sand in the swingarm bearings and have shock pivots start to sieze up by the end of the season. Guess I need to turn the heat up in my garage?

keep it waxed/sealed and don't worry about it unless you're trying to sell it on Barret Jackson in 50 years. In that case don't drive it.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm saying driving in the rain is harsher on your vehicle than it sitting in the driveway in the rain. The bronco is probably mint because its never seen much use or rain not because it sat in a heated garage. My dirtbikes sit in a climate controlled shop but still get sand in the swingarm bearings and have shock pivots start to sieze up by the end of the season. Guess I need to turn the heat up in my garage?

keep it waxed/sealed and don't worry about it unless you're trying to sell it on Barret Jackson in 50 years. In that case don't drive it.

Then, respectfully, I think you're missing the point of the conversation. No one is arguing the effects of road wear. The question was related to vehicle storage: Is it more beneficial to keep a Raptor in a garage versus outdoors?

I have a hard time thinking of any man made objects that deteriorate at a slower pace sitting out in the elements versus a climate controlled structure.