FX4 or Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and Raptor it was. :peace:

Back in Feb I was seriously debating between the FX4 and Raptor Screws in white and loaded. I'm glad I chose the Raptor. This site along with others helped make that decision even easier. I ended up with a brand new 2012 Raptor Screw white loaded except for blue interior accents and tailgate step. Wouldn't have minded having the step, but brother who is 6'7" didn't think to include it. Being that my brother is the GM at my dad's dealership, I was able to get it for invoice as Ford will NOT reimburse dealership for anything under invoice (D plan and others) on the Raptor along with other SVT vehicles. So far I have done the top perch, Ford BedRug, Bakflip F1, among other minor items. I still need to add 20% tint to front windows, add a white vinyl sun shield on front windshield, maybe a stubby antenna, Lund tailgate seal, black out rear fender wells, etc... Anyone have any thoughts on any of these simple mods? A huge thank you to all of those who have left great feedback on this forum.

Delivery...
2012 Raptor pic at Don-Rich Ford.jpg

My new Raptor and the Wife's ride...
2012-02-25_17-23-44_916.jpg

Top Perch mod...still a half inch rake...I love the look and drives great...
2012-05-24_20-04-39_724.jpg

Bakflip F1...try to get pics of Bedrug soon...ran it thru touchless car wash and only the bedrug between the tailgate and bed got a little damp due to the gap and water spraying upward...look to install Lund tailgate weatherstripping soon...
2012-05-24_20-06-19_979.jpg

On my brother's land for some target shooting and couldn't help but take this pic...
2012-05-27_20-15-26_86.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome-3.gif

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome nice truck. Sounds like you are off to a good start with mods. Check out rpg a supporting vendor. With the top perch you will want the race line upper control arms. And the lower control arm adjustable eccentrics. Because the camber will be out with the top perch. Being you have access to a alignment tech. Have him check it out. Mine is also top perch and mine was out. I also went with the rpg tie rods also. Because of the angle the top perch puts on the tie rods and upper control arms it is a good mod. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gentlemen!

I called Fox and Ford as I was very hesitant about the perch adjustment, but both stated that they tested the Raptor in all three settings and wouldn't have offered it if not ok to adjust straight from the factory. They ship in low setting simply to comply with gov regs on OEM settings. This made me feel better about this adjustment followed by an alignment. I'll still check into the items you suggest though. I must admit that my truck is a dially driver and will very rarely see desert since I'm in the southeast. Thanks again for the great info.