Full-Race // Catch Can Install and Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustydaraptor

Reaction score
Hello,

I just ordered a catch can and an intake and wanted to start a thread on a Install and My modification's to the truck. I will take the truck to a dyno before i install these parts and post the horsepower results here.
Full Race Intake_Ccan Rusty.PNG

OP
OP
R

Rustydaraptor

Reaction score
<<Update>>

It takes Two weeks to make the intake system for the truck, its not a shelf item, but i cant wait for it to come in. (Give s me Enough time to go Dyno a base line pull)

FullRaceRusty.JPG

dirtyboot

Reaction score
Is there a benefit to completely separating the intake elements; they still share the same airbox and snorkel, so what does it do besides cost more to order an extra filter? Is there someone here with experience in airflow controls that might chime in?

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t be too disappointed by very little change in the Dyno. CAI’s without a tune won’t get you much. Some claim 12-15hp but 7-10 is probably more than generous. Haven’t got my tune yet but that (combined with CAI and perhaps an air cooler and exhaust upgrade) will give you your first noticeable improvement in power.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Don’t be too disappointed by very little change in the Dyno. CAI’s without a tune won’t get you much. Some claim 12-15hp but 7-10 is probably more than generous. Haven’t got my tune yet but that (combined with CAI and perhaps an air cooler and exhaust upgrade) will give you your first noticeable improvement in power.
I added the Cobb with my tune and can’t tell a difference. I’m interested to see your dyno results.