FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting the phasers replaced right now, and the loaner they found for me is a '21 F150 XL basic work truck. Only two options it has are 4WD and V8. Been driving it for 1.5 weeks, and this thing will surprisingly move really well! It's probably also due to a pretty low vehicle weight and the fact it's on tires that look like 31s or 32s (just guessing from a visual). The V8 and stock exhaust also sounds really good. Now the daily driving experience overall kinda sucks, because it has no options. But mashing the pedal is at least a little fun.

P.S. The '21 basic work truck's head unit is the same as my '19 802a Raptor. Except the '21 is actually better because it does wireless Carplay. My how the turn tables...
Dropped my truck off this morning for cam phaser replacement. I got a Ranger XLT. Cute little truck for the week.

Raptized19

Reaction score
Keep us posted on the results. Im waiting for my dealership to get mine in for the phasers, as mine sounds terrible. How long did they tell you it would be down getting them replaced?

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on the results. Im waiting for my dealership to get mine in for the phasers, as mine sounds terrible. How long did they tell you it would be down getting them replaced?
If they have the parts, its two days max usually

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said 3-5 days. They are way understaffed, I had to wait 6 weeks to get it in. Having them check the timing chain for any stretch while they have it apart.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today is 2 weeks since I dropped mine off. However, I included lots of warranty items that they addressed before the phasers: condensation in marker lights, squeaky sunshade, mirrors popping, etc. After a week of fixing the other stuff, the service manager told me they had 4 trucks ahead of mine for the technician to replace the phasers. Last I heard it's 3 trucks. I expect mine will be there about 3 weeks total before I pick it up. Glad I scheduled this a month ago and got them to agree to a loaner.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely takes a couple of days and it's not something you want the tech to rush. Especially since your beloved Raptor will look like this... :oops:

I made sure to get the Service Manager involved from the begining to mitigate any issues.

IMG_0706.jpgIMG_0707.jpgIMG_0708.jpg

policedutchdog

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me. They seriously have to take the entire cab off the chassie to fix that ****. Makes my skin crawl just looking at those pics.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I just had it done on our XLT work truck and my service advisor said taking the body off the chassis wasn't required, but it's fixed now. Long term who knows, I just sold truck for other reasons a few days later.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me. They seriously have to take the entire cab off the chassie to fix that ****. Makes my skin crawl just looking at those pics.

Right! You can imagine my reaction with only 9,871 miles on the clock. I drove 2 hrs out of the way to a dealer with a good reputation. The Service Mananger explained they don't "have" to but it gives the tech better access and it's desgined to come off for service. Very routine for them and my mind was put at ease when I saw how clean the area he was working in was.

The Master Tech that did mine did a fantastic job even down to removing the Rigid lights I installed. He later joked with me that I did such a good job routing the harness that it looked OEM even down to the Deutsch connectors I used. They immdedialtely knew I was gonna be that guy and a royal PITA if it wasn't done right! :cool: