FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right that it's included in the 21B10 update, but TSB 21-2315 may be the bulletin. It's first action is to update the PCM/TCM...

Attachments

• TSB 21-2315.pdf
    231.3 KB · Views: 24

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with 21B10 applied notice the truck likes to settle on a high gear while cruising and keep the rpms low around 1100-1400? It definitely seems to be a noticeable change from prior firmware. Sport mode does not exhibit this as it keeps a lower gear all around. I dont really like the high gear being kept in normal mode as it almost feels to lug the engine a slight amount. 21B10 seems to contain multiple improvements however , power is noticeably better along with a different and improved transmission shift strategy.

also a note to others , if dealers apply this update , your tune will be wiped , and applying a tune after will wipe the 21B10 firmware. Its not something that can be flashed back over and keep the benefits of 21B10 and your tune. The tuner would have to incorporate changes made in 21B10 to a new tune file and that would have to be flashed.

i might roll back to the prior latest firmware due to the low rpm high gear habit of 21B10.

feedback is what im looking for.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought Cobb/GT has the updated Ford firmware already baked into there tunes, shortly after Ford started implementing it?

I would have to believe many other reputable tuners have already updated as well.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder about my local dealers.
1. Program announced, local dealers tells me, "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
2. Go in for annual inspection, "do you want the flash done?" note.. time for warrantee extension had passed. I asked "why the change of heart?" No reply. Would not acknowledge they had told me to not get it done. I declined update, told I could get it done anytime.
3. I call service manager for explanation, no call back.
4. A month later, I call to schedule appt for flash. Told don't do it now. Get it done when I come in for my next service. (a year from now...annual inspection)

P.S. I had scheduled a tranny flush to be done at the service. Upon arrival they declined to do it. Some BS about temp sensor in the tranny difficult to keep open. Often resulting in incomplete flush.

Dealer choices are few around here. As of now I can say all the dealers within a 20 mile radius don't know shit.