Front Windsheild Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting this effect. My headlights turn on and off almost at random in the middle of the day since tinting my windshield. I did ceramic all the way around, and I did 80% on the front, and 20% everywhere else, including the sunroof. Incidentally, someone suggested keeping the moonroof closed (I keep it open all the time). This seems counter-intuitive to me, but I decided to give it a try today. I will let you know if it helps.
With 15 all around and 30 on the windshield my headlights don't ever really come on during the day, only in extreme dark shade and in other dimly lit spaces does this happen

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting this effect. My headlights turn on and off almost at random in the middle of the day since tinting my windshield. I did ceramic all the way around, and I did 80% on the front, and 20% everywhere else, including the sunroof. Incidentally, someone suggested keeping the moonroof closed (I keep it open all the time). This seems counter-intuitive to me, but I decided to give it a try today. I will let you know if it helps.

I also have ceramic 50% on the front and my lights turn on and off all day. The only solution I see is tweaking the sensitivity.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 15 all around and 30 on the windshield my headlights don't ever really come on during the day, only in extreme dark shade and in other dimly lit spaces does this happen

Strange that you're the only one this doesn't happen to.... and you have the darkest front windshield of anyone!

Of note, I have 50% on my front windshield and the keeping open the moonroof visor does nothing for me, headlights constantly go on and off when the front part of the headliner shades the daylight sensor. Annoying, for sure, considering my BMW with 40% on the front windshield never did it and it had auto headlights always on too!

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that you're the only one this doesn't happen to.... and you have the darkest front windshield of anyone!

Of note, I have 50% on my front windshield and the keeping open the moonroof visor does nothing for me, headlights constantly go on and off when the front part of the headliner shades the daylight sensor. Annoying, for sure, considering my BMW with 40% on the front windshield never did it and it had auto headlights always on too!
Well I do have a 2013 maybe the sensor is different...

Mine is that little raised dot between the speaker and windshield.

It's placement at the furthest point forward towards the windshield where most light comes through might be why1ba1f4493a69e97d30b5455d5adefd2b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I do have a 2013 maybe the sensor is different...

Mine is that little raised dot between the speaker and windshield.

It's placement at the furthest point forward towards the windshield where most light comes through might be why

Very similar location as our Gen 2, maybe they made it a whole lot more sensitive than the Gen 1 (just like the Gen 2 owners compared to the Gen 1, ohhhhhhh....) Haha

Krazykorean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was posted, but use Crystalline 3m Tint, the cost is more but its doesn't make it darker but its probably the best tint for heat and its clear. I live in Phx where its like 110 8 months out of the year lol and I swear by it.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was posted, but use Crystalline 3m Tint, the cost is more but its doesn't make it darker but its probably the best tint for heat and its clear. I live in Phx where its like 110 8 months out of the year lol and I swear by it.

I use Pinnacle Air80. Clear, 50% (ish) heat rejection. It's awesome.

mpbowyer

Reaction score
I have a low % tint on my full windshield and love it. No problem with Oakley prism polarised lenses.