Front Windsheild Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
That sucks you had a bad experience with paint protection. I do windowtinting and paint protection for a living and there are so many bad shops out there it gives all of us a bad name. A lot of our customers seem nervous at first because of there bad experiences. Next time you get ppf on your hood make sure they wrap it under the hood.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Windowtint and clearmask/ppf is what I do, if anyone has any questions about either one feel free to message me.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Straits has way better heat ratings

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

I’ve been tinting for 15 years and never heard of global. Llumar has a lifetime manufactures warranty so if you have issues anyone who sells llumar can warranty it for free. If you had issues someone could have sold you llumar and given you a cheaper film. There are a lot of shady shops that do that FYI

bigzaj

Reaction score
Get the sunroof done ... just not too dark or it will defeat the purpose.

I've had my windshield done three times by 2 installers and still showing up with bubbles and stretch marks, maybe I'm too picky but anything that hits my eye-line is a non-starter.

Anyone have a "perfect" windshield tint job?

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've done 3 of my last vehicles with air 80 clear film on front windshield and the panoramic roof. Never had any issues so far. knock on wood.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the sunroof done ... just not too dark or it will defeat the purpose.

I've had my windshield done three times by 2 installers and still showing up with bubbles and stretch marks, maybe I'm too picky but anything that hits my eye-line is a non-starter.

Anyone have a "perfect" windshield tint job?

I finally have a perfect windshield tint job. If you're in Georgia/SC and want a shop recommendation, I have one for you.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man if you tried to tint the windshield in Texas the troopers would jam you up so bad you wouldn't know which end they came at you from.

Not sure where you get your information... Tex DOT

Windshields

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.

• Sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
  • Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
  • Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
  • Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
  • A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.

Id say you fine with a low tint ceramic for the IR benefit alone

My question is how many guys get stone chips? My buddies F-150 (2014) is a magnet to them. I don't want to pay to tint the windshield with ceramic and then it gets wasted by rocks.

I remember somewhere there was a film that prevented a lot of stone chips and was made for windshields. Not sure if that would make the window too distorted between two layers of film

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in atlanta and would love this info. Thanks!

Well, it's too far to go from Atlanta. Sun Busters, in Augusta, GA. The guy that owns it is named Bobby, but he has a guy named Jon that works for him, that is a master of his craft. I would think there would be a lot of options in Atlanta though.

Josh