Front tires rubbing sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to replace those push pins on my fender flares when I took them off to get painted. Ford wanted 4 bucks a piece for them. And had to order them. Got them online at clipsandfasteners.com. 3 bucks for 25 of them. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea my fenders would forge same shit it get annoying replacing those push pins all the time they always break off or come out so I said **** it and zip tied that shit for now but I'm in the process off making some aluminum wheels wells the stock ones are flimsy and cheap. Driving down the highway the wind would
Push the wheel well down and would rub.

tjj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine would rub in reverse. Nothing was hanging incorrectly that I could see it was just the very bottom part of the plastic liner. I just took a box knife and cut the lower part off making a straight line instead of the curve shape. No more rubbing and you can't tell anything is missing.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Mine rub and have since the truck was a pup. I notice it more after long road trips tho...kinda makes me wonder if the wind for a prolonged period of time bends the plastic making it easier to rub versus my average day to day driving.

rook247

Reaction score
I think there was a tsb for this issue. Something like the little pins failing.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's like ms.MI said, the wind causes them to deform the you get of the highway, and you hear rubbing check out other posts on it.

ckelly33

Reaction score
I get the rub too - from the passenger side when I turn left.

Took it in today and asked them about it but they couldn't get it to happen (of course), so I went home. Later I noticed that my truck's front passenger tire is slightly closer to the bumper/front wheel well than on the driver side (by about 1/2 inch). I first noticed this by making a fist an following the gap between the tire and the front bumper - my hand cleared both sides on the driver side but my hand was a tight fit on the passenger side. I though that was weird so when I go home I got out the measuring tape.

I found it hard to measure with confidence because of the curve and the knobby-ness of the tires. To make sure I measured the same on both sides I made sure the tires were straight and i used a yardstick to measure at the same level on both sides (26"). Because of the irregularity of the tire, it was still difficult, so I don't know what to think.

Can someone else with the rub try this?