Front tires rubbing sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ve got everything stock and Im just over 1500 miles. I have noticed at times that I am getting some light rubbing when I turn. Anyone else have this issue?

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock, 4000 miles, haven't heard anything. Is there a tire mark on the fender liner?

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but I can hear it rubbing when I turn. In fact, my passenger fender well just kind of hangs in the front side with no apparent mount spot, its all flappy, but the drivers side feels like it is mounted, it wont move. Im thinking we may have a quality control issue.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like some wiring is fastened to the fender liner. Might be a problem if it pulls away much more. Duct tape?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, I know exactly what you are talking about. There is a little hard plastic liner under the wheel-well/fender area and there is a pushpin/christmas three pin that holds it to the fender well. That plug sometimes comes off and due to the curve of the plastic, it will make contact with the tire. Mine did it most in reverse.

I actually had to use a bungee cord and strap it down. That was on my 2010. My new 2011 doesn't have the problem.

I can get pics if you need of what I am talking about.

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the same issue with my front right wheel in my 2011 SCREW.

rabtech

Reaction score
Its my first post on the board. I can confirm that the 2012 SCREW will rub also. I just bought a 2012 Black SCREW and have 300 miles on it. I turned into my driveway last night and it sounded really bad. Both sides are really floppy and the pushpin on both sides are very loose. If that is the only thing that happens to mine it will be awesome. :party28: