front seat crease in leather! normal or should I complain!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice find. Do you know anyone whose had these seats?
I've had the Katzkin in 2 previous cars so I know they're good quality and durable but im willing to try something else if reviews are good.
Honestly i think if u go with their upper level stuff napa etc its probably great. I have never seen.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always find it interesting how many people don't like the factory Recaro seats. I can understand it through, because they definitely aren't as plush as the regular seats.

That being said, it was the only "must" on my Raptor wish list and I'm very glad I have them. I think it adds a lot to an otherwise boring interior on an exciting truck.

Last edited:

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How big are you? Reason I ask is because you might be the only person I've ever heard say that the GT350s recaros are good for long drives lol. I love the seats in mine, but pretty much NEED out after about 50 miles of driving.

I have the blue recaros in my raptor and find them just fine for longer drives. I will say though, not as comfortable as my Gen 1 raptor.
gen 1 seats are prob the comfiest out of all of the gens, very comfy like the excursion seats.
I always find it interested how many people don't like the factory Recaro seats. I can understand it through, because they definitely aren't as plush as the regular seats.

That being said, it was the only "must" on my Raptor wish list and I'm very glad I have it. I think it adds a lot to an otherwise boring interior on an exciting truck.
yup feel the same and love mine when i was lucky enough to swap the oem ones in, my back was in legitimate pain on longer drives in the black leather seats (g2). Have racing seats in my lightning and can do multi hour drives very comfy, except for my eardrums from the exhaust.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always find it interested how many people don't like the factory Recaro seats. I can understand it through, because they definitely aren't as plush as the regular seats.

That being said, it was the only "must" on my Raptor wish list and I'm very glad I have it. I think it adds a lot to an otherwise boring interior on an exciting truck.
You find base seats boring and I find the blue Recaros gaudy. They remind me of the crushed velour seats I had in my 80s Buick LeSabre’s. It’s just personal preference.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If the Recaros were black, I would look at doing a swap out of my "boring" OEM seats. But found this picture on the interwebs and has me leaning to it. Only pause is loosing the vented seats. Don't care as much for the heated seats or steering wheel.

interiorrecaro_6d5e4ba231cdee0750c0d3c7a989a2573dbebddb_f40b0208fd6dd22b0779f427ccad9ce15efa2a73.jpg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 23 had a similar crease on the passenger seat when I picked it up with 28 miles on it. After 4.5 months and 2800 miles, if anything it looks slightly better now, definitely not worse. I don’t care enough to do anything about it.

OP, you may want to try taking it to a really good auto upholstery shop. They can secure the cover better and steam it, it’ll look 100% perfect. It won’t be too expensive, and worth your time versus taking it to the dealer to have them swap the cover 3 times only to crease again.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Recaros were black, I would look at doing a swap out of my "boring" OEM seats. But found this picture on the interwebs and has me leaning to it. Only pause is loosing the vented seats. Don't care as much for the heated seats or steering wheel.

View attachment 421082
Agreed, if the Recaro's were black I'd have them. I find them a little narrow, but the blue/black colorway just turns me off.