front seat crease in leather! normal or should I complain!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty common. My wife's 2017 explorer had one just like that, and my 2014 Raptor had a less severe one as well. The new raptor and bronco seem to not have them though

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Recaros weren't blue, I'd have probably gone with them. But between the color and the fact that a lot of people say they're uncomfortable on long drives (unlike the Recaros in my GT350), then I would have gone that route myself.
How big are you? Reason I ask is because you might be the only person I've ever heard say that the GT350s recaros are good for long drives lol. I love the seats in mine, but pretty much NEED out after about 50 miles of driving.

I have the blue recaros in my raptor and find them just fine for longer drives. I will say though, not as comfortable as my Gen 1 raptor.

77Raptor

Reaction score
How big are you? Reason I ask is because you might be the only person I've ever heard say that the GT350s recaros are good for long drives lol. I love the seats in mine, but pretty much NEED out after about 50 miles of driving.

I have the blue recaros in my raptor and find them just fine for longer drives. I will say though, not as comfortable as my Gen 1 raptor.
I'm 6' 230lbs. I've done quite a few several hour long drives to the NC mountains, Tail of the Dragon, etc in the car and never really been uncomfortable. From where I live just to get to the mountains is nearly 3 hours. Of course we stop and get out for lunch, bathroom breaks, etc during the day, but I'm usually leaving the house around 7am and getting back 8-9pm so I'm in it all day for the most part.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines are worse since day one, and I never pay attention to that...As there are not recaro and I like the "ricardo" :signs8: I plan to order in a special shop custom made seat cover "recaro style", it will protect the oem seat with design I like ...I will ask for estimation...

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Katzkin replacements are $1750 installed.
I'll probably do them myself to save a few bucks and avoid anything else getting damaged in the process.
I most likely wont place my order until temps drop so I dont drown in my own sweat doing the install.
It'll be the configuration below (in dark gray) with Alcantara on the sides.
16461763132022%20Ford%20F-150%20Raptork01.jpg

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably do them myself to save a few bucks and avoid anything else getting damaged in the process.
I probably wont place my order until temps drop so I dont drown in my own sweat doing the install.
I saw Leatherseats.com has some cool designs too…

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw Leatherseats.com has some cool designs too…
Nice find. Do you know anyone whose had these seats?
I've had the Katzkin in 2 previous cars so I know they're good quality and durable but im willing to try something else if reviews are good.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So someone not so smart @ Katzkin has an excel spreadsheet with what looks like their vendor pricing internet facing.
Well there's my negotiating point. As reference Katzkin doesnt sell direct to consumer.

Capture1111.JPG

Last edited:

77Raptor

Reaction score
I most likely wont place my order until temps drop so I dont drown in my own sweat doing the install.
Most likely it'll be the configuration below (in dark gray) with Alcantara on the sides.
View attachment 421049
Those are really sharp. Just a shame to lose the "Raptor" embossed on them.