Front/rear blackvue dashcam install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. I just bought the same set up, although I added the Magic Power Pro so it will record while the car is parked. Which wire in the rear view mirror did you tap into for power? Also, is it required to remove the A pillar plastic in order to run the wire?

OP
OP
F

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It goes into the green and black wires in the back of the mirror plug.

It makes it easier with the pillar down, to get the wire tucked in under there and across

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job! I was gonna ask which one you got but saw the DR590. I hate looking at the cameras because it seems so daunting for choice of camera and installation. I was looking at the 750 and the 900. I feel like FHD in the 750 is enough but having switched from FHD to 4K in my home security I know there is a massive difference in the usability of video for recognition. The problem with 4K is that it eats up space and the more cameras the less you can record. Also, the 900 doesn’t have 60fps making stills very likely to be blurry anyway. I think the 750 is the sweet spot with 60fps FHD. The other problem is that you need the magic power thing to run it off battery while the vehicle is off...then you need the battery to run it the whole time the vehicle is off. The battery is $$$. At this point I wonder why the 750 didn’t drop in price when the 900 came out, and why I’m actually considering spending $1k on cameras and accessories for the truck.

alcoolaid

Reaction score
Nice, I pretty much did the same thing but ran the wires down the passenger side.

I installed a power magic as well. Mounted beside the passenger side fuse box.

OP
OP
F

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I skipped the magic box part and just have the cams running when its on.
Just laziness so I don't have to go after the fuse box lol.

I chose the 590 because everyday you see clouds and online stuff getting hacked, so I wanted to keep all my footage old school on a SD card, also much cheaper

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, if you don’t want to pull you A-pillar panel, you can pull the weather stripping like you did on the rear and run the wire down the door side of the A-Pilar.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 4k Thinkware front and rear - I went down passenger side apillar to fuse box - i dont need anything extra to run the unit when the truck is off. You hook it to always on power AND switched power so the camera knows when it's parked and switches to that mode. Then ran down pass side to the rear camera.