Front Camera Install from your Ford Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you expand a little on that? I'm curious now. I was reading the Lockpick instructions, and turning the cameras on/off involved pushing buttons on the steering wheel controls for a few seconds. Is that what you are referring to?

I also read you can have the front camera come on automatically at under 7mph. That sounds like incredibly distracting in rush hour traffic, but interesting.

Thanks!
its just navigating through the menu to get the option you want selected. this was on a 2012 so im not sure about the 2013/14

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the truck today and figured the menu's out in about 2 minutes. Push and hold the phone button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds. You can scroll through the options and adjust settings. The lock pick is pretty cool and does exactly what I wanted. I like the NavTv from the little that I've played with it and it works very well on the newer trucks but it is marginally more expensive.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still toying with the idea of displaying the front camera on a Livewire TS since that's all I need. But that camera package with the front camera and bracket and Lockpick sure is tempting.

So many mods, so little money....

silverminnow2

Reaction score
front camera 2014 rapror

I just got a 2014 Raptor, it was ordered without the front camera.
Can one be added?
I was told no by the local dealer in Raytown MO.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2014 Raptor, it was ordered without the front camera.
Can one be added?
I was told no by the local dealer in Raytown MO.

it is more expensive to get it added, but there was a member who had it done. that is the only one i know of who has added the oem camera. dont remember the member though

House keeping!!!!

ass...... go easy on the new guy. hahaha

silverminnow2

Reaction score
When did you get a Rapror... hence house keeping to fix the spelling..
Oh, I get it. Sorry, I don't see any way to fix it. I'm not very good with a computer.
I don't have it yet, it's on order.

it is more expensive to get it added, but there was a member who had it done. that is the only one i know of who has added the oem camera. dont remember the member though
Well, hopefully he'll see this and respond.
I'll try to do a search for it.
Like I said above, I'm not very good with a computer, but I've got a guy at work helping me now.
I'm not sure I'll even need the camera, that's why I didn't order it with one, but from a resale perspective I thought it might be better to add it. I didn't realize that most of the trucks have them.

Thanks

Last edited:

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too looked into the camera. It's pretty much the only option mine didn't come with. It was between the one I purchased and another one that had it , but the dealer wouldnt move off the price of M.S.R.P. plus. Picked mine up well below M.S.R.P. I asked around on here and at dealers and adding the camera seemed very involved and just a P.I.T.A. I figured the harness for the camera had to be there. Couldnt see Ford using a different harness just for the front optics. I then spoke to people that had it and said take the good deal and dont worry about the camera. They said they almost never use it. You have to be in Off Road Mode and traveling at like less than 15 M.P.H. So I didnt pursue it anymore. Can't say I regret it from lack of use of it. It just seemed so cool that I wanted it just because. Doesn't mean that I won't do it if others find a solution and I get bored with other mods, but just not looking right now. I skipped looking into the camera and did lights (All Rigid, 20" bar, 2-4" driving, 2-4" floods, and 2 flush mounted in the rear bumper) and a C.A.I. A Doug's Cut Out is going in next week. Good luck in the search.

Last edited: