Front Camera Install from your Ford Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my front camera….invaluable off-road for blind hills….etc…

With Nav-TV unit you can really get more use out of it….

Worth every penny….IMOP….jus saying...

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that lock pick setup for my 2011. I thought the front camera was a gimmick until I went out doing some slow 4 wheeling.

Driving over rocks and across sketchy stuff without having to get out and check for clearance or use a spotter keeps things moving along pretty well. I have mine set to activate the front camera every time I'm below 5 mph, which is handy for parking lots too. The only downside to this set-up is the lack of a washer to get mud off of the camera. There is a thread on here where someone tapped into the windshield washer fluid hose with a T-fitting and added another jet for the camera, just like the stock installs have, pretty cheaply.

If you use the OEM camera your best bet is the NAV-TV but it's going to cost a bunch more. I almost went that route until I researched the many threads on here about the lock pick. The install is definitely easy enough for an average person to do it since it's all plug and play. Hardest part is finding the right youtube video to explain the sequence of panel removal to gain access to the areas you need.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the OEM camera, but hated I had to use it the way Ford decided, dumb...I added the nav-tv to mine and love it. I can turn on the front/rear camera anytime I want.

As to panel removal Noah gave this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t8SrfOWPKU&app=desktop

Granted you may not have to go as far as the video shows if your using a different product, but a couple of notes - mine had two screws to remove around the left side of the airbag, the video shows one.
The shifter linkage part of the video watch it multiple times. It looks like the center pin is being hit, but it's not. I found it easier to hit the linkage right where it connects to the plastic.

Another option is if you're going to tune it, which I am planning on, is that one could tie a camera into the tuner such as the SCT Flash Livewire TS. A buddy of mine added a reverse camera to his truck and it was $14 plus wire and labor. Granted he tied it into his aftermarket radio/dvd setup, but for $14 seeing it during the day and night I'd say the camera is just as good as the one in my truck.
Personally after using this a bit I think I would rather have the front camera show up on the dash where I'd mount the tuner. One could watch both the 'road' and the display better than having to look down at the center console screen.

LD50

Reaction score
I think there were two of us who had the OEM camera added after the fact. Mine was supposed to be ordered with it and was not so the dealership worked with Ford to get it done. I paid the option cost for it but from the details I got it would probably be much more cost effective to go aftermarket after the fact. To do it to true factory specs, I know they had to work with some SVT engineers to rewrite code to somehow include my VIN as one with the camera. The other option was to use the VIN of another truck that had the camera knowing that it could cause issues down the road.