Front bumper issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay this is probably not a major deal but figured I would try and get some perspective. I noticed this about the week after I bought it brand new. I took it off road once but just cruised at low speed up a couple hills in 4low I had my 3 kids in the truck one whom just turned 1 so nothing crazy. Mainly was just checking out the controls, never hit anything, skid plates and everything still look brand new,, I've got about 1500 miles on the thing...

I don't know why but ever since I noticed it it bugged me,i'd assume he got put on crooked at the factory as I I don't even have a scratch on the bumper yet lol.. I can adjust it just fine myself I've always worked on my own vehicles. Anyways is it worth leaving alone and pointing out to the dealership in 2 weeks when I get the LoJack installed? I'd assume it's just an adjustment but I've had a few people recommend having the dealership look at it in case its an issue with the frame. I wouldn't think twice about it if I had bought it used but,,,,, and i'm 99.9999999% confident that it's not the frame. I've looked over my other 150's and all is straight.

Anyways her some photos,,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417882533.369326.jpg

Drivers side 1/4"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417882679.017620.jpg

Passenger-side 1"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417882698.710128.jpg

I'd assume it's not a big deal but like I said it bugs me every-time I'm walking towards the thing lol.. Besides that I haven't had any complaints with the truck so far, going on my 3rd week of ownership and drive it every day. Has anyone else seen this? I've done some googling and the guys that complained of it were jumping their rig or hittin trails hard. On our little romp session we literally never got past 10mph just crushing with the boys and playing with the front camera and other gizmos...

And on a side note, I've been enjoying reading anti-raptor posts by *******'s online... I love it. People saying their Front Wheel Drive Honda can smoke it, all owners have small twig-n-berries, all the frames crack and explode, people pay a huge markup for a sticker, it's shit 0-60 because their 1k lb car can beat it with a 6banger, their TRD was 1/2 the price and will smoke it,, their 200k off-road only truck will smoke it, we are killing the earth, were selfish because if a smaller car hits us they would die and we would be fine (I honestly don't see the issue with wanting to protect you kids lol, I never let my late wife drive a small car with my kids in it) ahh the list goes on its great entertainment.. I'm really curious on why the haters always bring peckers into the argument,, seems odd but very popular..

Anyways, hope everyone has a good weekend!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it just needs to be re-adjusted im sure everything is fine. And just laugh at the haters, cause at the end of the day all it is is jealousy. Enjoy your beast!

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it just needs to be re-adjusted im sure everything is fine. And just laugh at the haters, cause at the end of the day all it is is jealousy. Enjoy your beast!

Yeah, I figured that.. I've actually went through and made a couple of accounts just to call these idiots out,, their mean lol..

I think you have a few different types...

The hard-core GM/anti ford dude

The hard-core ******* (no offense to any local liberals here)

The dude that hates stuff he can't buy

The geeks that hate gas

And just uninformed City Slickers/Prius owners..

But something I did see a lot of too is the guy that says "I hate fords, always have but that's a badass truck" lol..

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea i think its cool that some of them admit to liking the truck, because everyone secretly likes a car from each brand lol.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That wont be the frame, I cant see the dealer letting that off the lot like that though, that's pretty weak. Maybe the bolts are loose ?? I wouldn't wait too long if you didn't get it like that. Get under there and check it out, maybe take 5 minutes of your time. Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wont be the frame, I cant see the dealer letting that off the lot like that though, that's pretty weak. Maybe the bolts are loose ?? I wouldn't wait too long if you didn't get it like that. Get under there and check it out, maybe take 5 minutes of your time. Good luck and keep us posted!

I checked it out and everything is tight, there's no sign of "slippage" in the paint around the bolts, everything looks like they sold it to me like that lol.. I didn't look at it a lot when I got it, I went to buy a used one and spent 1/2 looking at that one but decided to switch to a new one so we just did the test drive, signed and I left lol.. Just think it's odd people make mistakes so it's not a big deal (Even I've been known to make mistakes every now and then) think it's worth bringing up to the dealership when I go in a couple weeks? Make the bastards do it, I'm tempted on just doing it myself in a few mins on Monday before work when the Nancy gets here.

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i think its cool that some of them admit to liking the truck, because everyone secretly likes a car from each brand lol.

Haha, yep.. I like some gms but everything I own is ford except one jeep and one Mercedes lol. I've owned GMs but They disappointed me enough that I'll most likely never buy another. I really want the 4banger Rangers to come back, best little trucks for the employees, damn things won't stop running lol..

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

you going offroad?

Not before the dealership app. I'm too busy with the boys, birthdays, and Christmas for the next couple weeks.. I do have a week trip to Landers planned for the beginning of next year, go mess around in Johnson valley. I live in lake arrowhead/big bear area and the jeep appears to be better suited for the narrow trails... We actually took the Jeep out last weekend lol.

Edit, I just had my late wife's 27th birthday yesterday, first since she passed.. That was ****** lol.. Dec sucks this year

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt bother with it then. the bumper is flimsy and one hit and it is bent out of shape. its very common to bash in your oem bumper

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt bother with it then. the bumper is flimsy and one hit and it is bent out of shape. its very common to bash in your oem bumper

Yeah, maybe I can use it as an excuse to get a new bumper with a winch mount, I've got a winch in the garage begging to be installed on the thing.