From ///M to RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tons of folks come from the M world over to the Gen 2 Raptor. Heck, I even had an F82 M4 between my Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new truck!

SoCalCFP

Reaction score
Congrats. i have a '18 BMW X5M and picked up a 19 Raptor last year after I sold my '11 F250 SD. I really enjoy driving the Raptor vs the F250 and even compared to the X5M. The Raptor and the X5M get similar gas mileage, although i drive the X5M harder. Good luck.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. If you want an easy solution for more power, I'm really liking the COBB Stage 1 ECM tune and the accompanying TCM tune. Easy, turnkey, and makes a noticeable difference.

OP
OP
JAndreF321

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. If you want an easy solution for more power, I'm really liking the COBB Stage 1 ECM tune and the accompanying TCM tune. Easy, turnkey, and makes a noticeable difference.
Having had both flash tunes and JB4 I know that the flash is much better, but also does not have as many functions...and is usually more expensive. I also like the idea of being able to remove the piggyback for service. Are you guys all flash people?

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having had both flash tunes and JB4 I know that the flash is much better, but also does not have as many functions...and is usually more expensive. I also like the idea of being able to remove the piggyback for service. Are you guys all flash people?

The COBB unit (AccessPort), which comes with access to all their ECU tunes (Stage 1 and 2, with variations for 87, 89, and 93oct, as well as separately adjustable throttle mapping) is $600. It's then another $400 to download the TCM maps if you want to do that too. Given all the R&D and how slick the product is, I think $1k for the whole deal is a fair price.

The AccessPort doesn't have to remain plugged in once you've flashed. I don't reset to stock for service. I just leave it flashed and put the AccessPort away. If I thought there was a malfunction happening or they'd be driving it to diagnose a sound or something, I'd probably flash it to stock. The AccessPort saves a copy of the factory map before it overwrites it.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to FRF.

Many of us still have premium-brand SUVs, sedans, and sports cars in our stable.

The only time I notice I am not in a premium brand is when I get it serviced. ;) Mine, errr my wife's Raptor, has been trouble-free.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a tune from MPT/Livernois/Gearhead you’ll be happy & completely forget about the X5m I promise.