Frame cut bumper issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm trying to install my Hellion front bumper and i'm having an issue with the bolt on frame horns. since they are only held on with one bolt, no matter how tight i tighten it, the horn still rocks on the frame. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it? i've tried putting some washers between the horn and the frame, captured by the bolt but that didn't help. Am i missing something here?

IMG_5739.jpeg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I imagine that means the “horn” isn’t setting completely flush against the frame. Either the frame cut isn’t even or the bolt hole is too low on the frame leaving a gap between the “horn” and the frame.

KRGKen

Reaction score
We ran into this with just a few trucks over the years but we put a spacer in between the frame over the bolt (cut tubing to size of inner frame dimensions and this would let you tighten the bolt down and keep the frame from compressing. So basically a sleeve over the bolt on inside of frame.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ran into this with just a few trucks over the years but we put a spacer in between the frame over the bolt (cut tubing to size of inner frame dimensions and this would let you tighten the bolt down and keep the frame from compressing. So basically a sleeve over the bolt on inside of frame.
I did that and seemed to help a lot but i was still able to rock the horn a small amount. Once i bolted everything up it’s solid.

jamesstone1933

Reaction score
Sorry to be late to the party but I just recently purchased the Hillion front bumper for my 2013 Ford raptor and cannot find any information or pictures on where to cut the frame horns. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: