Fox 3.0 Rear Shocks Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a proven fact that the rear of these trucks is constantly trying to keep up with the front end. But, if you are wanting the best overall return on your investment, get aftermarket springs. They will feel awesome on the street and really improve the ride in the dirt. BigBlue airs his truck out on a consistent basis and still runs the stock 2.5's all around. The stock springs suck, and IMO are the weak link in the rear of these trucks. Then when you are ready to go 3.0's, you'll have everything you need to go bombing at full speeds in the whoops!!!

Good luck with you decision.....

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with GrandMaster @2014RubyRed

Start with the leaf springs, using 3.0"s with stock leafs is a nonsense to me...

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 3.0s for 6 months on stock leafs and it was an improvement then, and adding Deavers later adds another layer of refinement.3.0s are a noticeable improvement, with or without new leafs.

I guess I'm non-sensible: One change at a time, reassess, then throw more at it (as some of us have tight budget for mods)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm already running deavers in the rear and RPG frame support with 2.5 air bumps. I'm thinking for the small amount of off roading I do right now, my rear 2.5's are good enough.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about 3.0 front, 2.5 rear with deavers?

just my .02 cents but the rear of our trucks is the weak point and has already a hard time to keep up with the front 2.5"...I would rather do Deaver + 3.0"s and upgrade the front coil over later when you'll have the cash...

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2-3 years ago, it wasn't that uncommon to have rear 3.0's and stock 2.5's on mid perch up front. As @2014RubyRed stated, the back is always trying to keep up with the front. That's the weak point of these trucks. If anybody is thinking of going the 3.0 route but doesn't want to spring for all 4 at once, doing the rear first is a great stepping stone.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm already running deavers in the rear and RPG frame support with 2.5 air bumps. I'm thinking for the small amount of off roading I do right now, my rear 2.5's are good enough.
I'm running SVC bumpstop and Deaver +3's with stock shocks. I'd like to upgrade to 3.0 shocks but really only push truck hard at two TRR events each year. So much land is private it Texas we don't have a lot of opportunity to offroad hard. Hard to justify cost, but I'll never say I won't upgrade.

Last edited:

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running SVC bumpstop and Deaver +3's with stock shocks. I'd like to upgrade to 3.0 shocks but really only push truck hard at two TRR events each year. So much land is private it Texas we don't have a lot of opportunity to offroad hard. Hard to justify cost, but I'll never say I won't upgrade.

Yeah, but you know you want to hit those railroad tracks at 80mph. Def need 4.0's through the bed and long travel up front :crazy: