Forscan - Unfold mirrors at 5mph?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if u hit the lock button before u shut the drivers door, then they will stay folded until u hit the switch.
Hmm, that's not how it works on mine. If I fold them in manually (using the fold button, not physically folding them in), they stay folded until I press the button again. But, if I leave them folded out, no matter if I lock the door before I close it, or if I close then lock it, the mirrors fold in as soon as the door is both closed and locked, and automatically unfold as soon as I unlock and then open/close the driver's door. Is mine different, or did I just not understand what you were saying?

Schmagagled

Reaction score
FORSCAN changes are based on the 'possibilities' that firmware will allow in the different modules that the vehicle has. Many modules are used in multiple vehicles and a lot of the 'features' are simply things that are available on another Ford product, but have not been 'exposed' using the F-150 interfaces.

Some things are simply not possible because they are hard-coded in firmware, and so they aren't possible on any of Ford's platforms. Some common complaints have been wanting the doors to unlock as soon as the vehicle is put into Park. Or the ability to have the puddle lights stay on, or the front camera to stay on above 5 mph (I think it's 5 anyway).

Livinitup and the usual suspects on the FORSCAN threads have done enormous amounts of cypherin' to uncover all these possibilities, but some things are just not there to be uncovered cause they don't exist in firmware.

S.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that's not how it works on mine. If I fold them in manually (using the fold button, not physically folding them in), they stay folded until I press the button again. But, if I leave them folded out, no matter if I lock the door before I close it, or if I close then lock it, the mirrors fold in as soon as the door is both closed and locked, and automatically unfold as soon as I unlock and then open/close the driver's door. Is mine different, or did I just not understand what you were saying?

U are throwing another variable in by manually folding them in. Using Forscan setting, they are out until u lock then door after getting out. Then if open drivers door and hit lock button before closing drivers door then mirrors stay folded in. Worked this way on '17 and '20.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U are throwing another variable in by manually folding them in.
I assumed the "switch" you mentioned in your previous post was the switch to manually fold them in. If that's not it, what switch are you talking about when you said "they will stay folded until u hit the switch"? I wasn't trying to throw another variable in, I was just trying to see if mine does something different.
Using Forscan setting, they are out until u lock then door after getting out. Then if open drivers door and hit lock button before closing drivers door then mirrors stay folded in. Worked this way on '17 and '20.
I'm still not sure I get what you're saying. On mine if I'm in the truck, shut off the engine, open the drivers door, and then press the lock button on that door before closing the it, the mirrors stay out until the door is closed, and then they fold in. If, however, I close the door before locking it, they still stay out until I press the lock button (either the button the handle, the door combo, or the key fob. That's why I said they don't fold in until the door is both locked AND closed. I can lock it without closing it, and they stay out. Conversely, I can close it without locking it, and they stay out.

And then if I unlock the door, open it, and get in again, they stay folded in until I actually close the door. But I never have to press any sort of switch for them to fold out again. This is on a '19, by the way.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then if I unlock the door, open it, and get in again, they stay folded in until I actually close the door.

Sounds like they are working as designed with the Forscan config change. Same on all model years.

I thought you wanted to know how to keep them folded when you get in the truck and shut the door.

Regarding the above quoted sentance.....if you hit the lock switch BEFORE you close the door then the mirrors will stay folded until you hit the MIRROR FOLD/UNFOLD switch. This is handy if you have the truck locked and mirrors folded....you walk up to the truck to get something out of the drivers area....open the door and hit the lock switch BEFORE closing the door....then the mirrors will stay folded.