GEN 1 FORSCAN Flat EQ Tweak / Sub Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgwoody

Reaction score
Been reading a lot on this subject on this forum, but none of the posts on here really apply to my situation. Here's my situation:

I have a 2013 Raptor with Sony audio, was sick of garbage stock sub. I considered 2 paths, the more expensive being getting an Audicontrol LC2i to tap into door speaker signal and use that signal to run my own amp / sub setup, or the cheaper path: get a Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 from a friend, which has it's own small amp and taps into your door speakers wire and uses it for signal for the sub. I ended up getting the kicker hideaway. I'm impressed with the sound, much better than the stock sub, but still not what it sounded like in my friends vehicle. I read this may be due to the Sync's EQ clipping settings. My questions are:

1) Does this kicker all-in-one essentially do the same thing as the Audiocontrol LC2i ? I'm assuming the kicker filters the high signal out like the LC2i does, and cleans the low signal up for the sub.
2) Is the Forscan EQ flattening tweak even needed when using something like L2Ci / Kicker hideaway since I'm assuming its already filtering and amplifying the signal somehow.
3) If tweak is needed, what are the exact code changes needed for a Gen 1 with Sony (all I can find are Gen 2 codes)
4) Will I still be able to edit high, mids, bass in the head unit sound settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!