Sub question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlyoung08

Reaction score
Audio question.

I have 2 Memphis 10’s I removed from my 14 with all the wiring and amp. I had it tied in with a loc on my 14. I’m looking to add them to my 17. I had cut the plug on my 14 that went to the factory sub and tied in there for the rca’s and ran everything else like a normal sub set up. Can I do that on the 17 and leave the factory amp in place? I left it on my 14 with no issues. What I’m looking for is a diagram for the plug.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yes, you can.
Should you? that’s a bigger question.

the ’17 Sony permits this, and you already have good sub equipment, but you’ll need a dedicated sub amp to get acceptable sound. Not a huge expenditure but additional $$$.

There’s also the bass roll off strategy, starting at about volume level 20 through max. The more you twist the knob, the more roll off there is. The only way to bypass this is to get a DSP (I went with the RF DSR1).

If you do that, you may as well upgrade the cabin speakers too and at that point you may want to investigate a single amp rather than 2.

See my thread in Gen 2 audio section “added a sub” and then subsequently the added MTI behind the seat sub.

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orrr, and I know this is a later reply, you can use Sounds Good Stereo's adapter that converts factory sub connectors to RCA outs...but, you'd still have to deal with bass roll-off from the factory amp/DSP. As stated, you'd need an external DSP in-line to whatever amp you use to correct - or - use the cheaper option, LC2i Pro from Audio control and "fix/set" the signal prior to your amp.