Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did all the popular FORScan changes weeks ago, but still can't figure out what Bambi mode does for our Gen 2s. I know it's supposed to keep fogs on when the high-beams are used, but we don't have fogs. All the lights already seem to stay on, including the low-beams and markers, with the high-beams

What am I missing?

Nothing, Bambi mode is only for standard F150 with factory fog lights. Instructions try to cover all F150's not just the Raptor.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing, Bambi mode is only for standard F150 with factory fog lights. Instructions try to cover all F150's not just the Raptor.

Ok, cool. I also saw some Gen 2 owners talk about doing it, which led to the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you guys doing this with windows or an app? I cant get obdwiz to run on windows because microsoft will not let me install net framework 2.0 (just hangs from every site) and yes I know how to enable it through the control panel, its not working.

You have to use windows for most if not all of the changes. I work with computers everyday. Are you running 7 or 10? Make sure all your windows updates are done first. After updates, under control panel go to programs\programs and features, on the left click "turn windows features on or off". Select the .Net 3.5(includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0). After that feature installs you should be good.

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to use windows for most if not all of the changes. I work with computers everyday. Are you running 7 or 10? Make sure all your windows updates are done first. After updates, under control panel go to programs\programs and features, on the left click "turn windows features on or off". Select the .Net 3.5(includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0). After that feature installs you should be good.

that was it, after all the updates installed I was able to download the net 3.5 framework.

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if anyone has done this with a virtual windows machine on a macbook PLEASE PM me!!

This thing wont even pair via bluetooth and I am starting to think this is not possible with 'sharing' networks via virtual machines.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if anyone has done this with a virtual windows machine on a macbook PLEASE PM me!!

This thing wont even pair via bluetooth and I am starting to think this is not possible with 'sharing' networks via virtual machines.

Yes but I used a USB device not a Bluetooth one, windows 8.1 vm running in virtual box the the USB device filtered so it automatically attaches to the vm not the host when the vm is running.

miula

Reaction score

It worked on my MacBook Pro 13 Retina running Windows 10 on Parallels 12 with the Bluetooth Android/Windows OBDII dongle.

At first it wasn't connecting because I downloaded the software that comes with the adapter and connected to it via bluetooth using the windows Connection Manager (like a mouse, phone, etc). Once I disconnected and removed the device from the Windows connection manager and started FORScan it found the dongle and connected directly with no issues. Basically it will work as long as you don't pair it as a bluetooth device to windows and/or Mac.

Good luck