Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will start to drain the battery if are doing ForScan for a long while. Make sure the HVAC and Stereo are off as well. I would do several functions and then run the truck periodically to charge the battery some. Really was only an issue when I first got started and was backing up all the files and doing many different changes.

Same. Saw it during backups. Haven't seen it since. I continued on with the backups despite the warning and was fine. I knew there was no way my little 15 minute Forscan session was draining the battery below an operable voltage.

RaptorDawg

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Got the backups done last night and made my first change - double honk when getting out of truck with it running. Can't tell you how many times I have jumped when that damn thing honked at me!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not alone! :head3:
Go for Lincoln Mirrors next - way more room to get around your truck and you can see the truck is locked at a glance.

This is my favorite one.

Forscan is one of the best parts of owning a Ford. The personalization and at-home changes that it allows are a huge help....and all for a $15 cord.

RaptorDawg

Reaction score
Question about turning off the Start/ Stop - description in spreadsheet says this disables battery management - does that mean if I leave a light on the truck will no longer turn it off and let the battery drain down?

RaptorDawg

Reaction score
OK did not get an answer to the question above (and have not made the change), but I do have another question.

Made FORSCAN modifications almost a month ago. Last week I got a message to service the Terrain Select (AdvanceTrac?) system and this morning I got a message in FordPass that the restraints control module detected a fault. Any chance that the mods I made with FORSCAN caused these type of issues/ faults?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK did not get an answer to the question above (and have not made the change), but I do have another question.

Made FORSCAN modifications almost a month ago. Last week I got a message to service the Terrain Select (AdvanceTrac?) system and this morning I got a message in FordPass that the restraints control module detected a fault. Any chance that the mods I made with FORSCAN caused these type of issues/ faults?
I haven’t had any issues and I’ve done all the changes.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any way to have the cruise control default to on? First world gripe but I hate having to first press on, then set...