Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can run executables in any windows. It’s just EVERYTHING is a pain in Windows 8. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I've done several mods in Forscan. Is there a way to convert the AutoStop button to turning ON the AutoStop. By default the AutoStop would be off. I know it can be disabled i would like to reverse it.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Did you already turn it off in Forscan? Unless you did, the default is always on. If you want an easy way to go back and forth, get an AS/S eliminator like Smurfslayer mentioned. It will remember/retain the last setting you had it on.

I got this one, it just plugs into the OBDII port.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/...50-autostop-eliminator?variant=30273196064832

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can run executables in any windows. It’s just EVERYTHING is a pain in Windows 8. And I mean EVERYTHING.

I spoke to a buddy who has some fancy-smancy m/s certification but more importantly he’s very windows savvy, whereas I am a mere casual user of things microsoft. He was in agreement to send the tablet back, it would only run apps from the ms app store.

Interesting observation about working on FORSCAN tonight, about ... 10 modules in, I got --re-jected with a warning “expecting 11.6v, actual 11.4” it had a bypass option. I shut down radio, vents, etc. got a couple more but was a bit surprised at the low voltage. Interestingly enough, when I started up the truck the first time, I got the tinny door chimes through the backup speaker.

i noticed also there were 3 FCIM DTC’s and one from another module I forgot about. I cleared one of the FCIM alerts and they all went away. I’ve heard @FordTechOne suggest a lot of things can occur because of low battery power and he may have said these tinny chimes could as well, I don’t remember for sure.

DTC’s did not return.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job digging man. I certainly wasn’t offering to help lol.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
ipc quick boot done. Well... it does work, but I don’t know if it will have the desired effect. It’s nice because you get an immediate view of the dash, kind of like most people expect, but... you get a bunch of prompts too like ‘auto stop start disabled’, press brake pedal to start, etc.

I’m hoping this will allow me to select sport mode without having to wait for the menu to update. Time will tell.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a buddy who has some fancy-smancy m/s certification but more importantly he’s very windows savvy, whereas I am a mere casual user of things microsoft. He was in agreement to send the tablet back, it would only run apps from the ms app store.
I missed that it was just a tablet. My wife has a Windows 8 convertible laptop. It only forces you into the tablet UI when you fold it inside out. In laptop mode you can access a cmd prompt and run an exe

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Well... I missed that this particular version of windows was a bit a .... well, PITA I believe my buddy called it.

I have to say, definitely liking the peace and quiet without the daggone door chimes going off all the time.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... I missed that this particular version of windows was a bit a .... well, PITA I believe my buddy called it.

I have to say, definitely liking the peace and quiet without the daggone door chimes going off all the time.
It is absolutely the freakin worst. But I think it’s hilarious for my wife’s computer because she can make any version of windows seem that hard.