Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, move this if needed.
Took my truck, 2018 into the dealership because the Sync3 audio was stuck on off and I got a black screen for half the day...
I've had the APIM replaced 2 times already.

Well took it the 3rd time they said they replaced it and not a chance in hell they did. All of my Forscan settings were on there for the APIM, like heated and cooled seat icons etc...

Is it even possible if they truly replaced the APaiM my Forscan changes would even remotely be in there? I think I already know the answer. The dealer was pissed because I gave them a terrible survey and they called the regional guy and he didn't even know what Forscan was.... these liars thought they could pull a fast one, plus the 3 daya my truck was at their stealership

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
is it possible that they do a copy from your hardware, if accessible and reload to your new hardware at install? @FordTechOne would be better positioned to answer this and related questions.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay guys, move this if needed.
Took my truck, 2018 into the dealership because the Sync3 audio was stuck on off and I got a black screen for half the day...
I've had the APIM replaced 2 times already.

Well took it the 3rd time they said they replaced it and not a chance in hell they did. All of my Forscan settings were on there for the APIM, like heated and cooled seat icons etc...

Is it even possible if they truly replaced the APaiM my Forscan changes would even remotely be in there? I think I already know the answer. The dealer was pissed because I gave them a terrible survey and they called the regional guy and he didn't even know what Forscan was.... these liars thought they could pull a fast one, plus the 3 daya my truck was at their stealership

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Let me start out by stating that one of 2 things is occurring:

1. The dealer is misdiagnosing the issue
2. An bluetooth or wired device, USB drive, or aftermarket component is corrupting the APIM

There is no way you've had 3 truly defective APIMs in a row; something else is going on. Have you verified that all of your devices are compatible with your Sync version? When the issue occurs, is there a common device that's connected? Have you changed anything within the APIM besides adding the heated/cooled seat option?

As far as programming, a new APIM requires the "Module Replacement" programming path to be performed. This provisions the new module for programming and essentially wipes out all user settings, devices, and any modifications that were made. Unlike IDS module programming, there is no option to inhale the data out of the original module; programming is performed by downloading the software from PTS on to a USB drive and then inserting the USB drive into the truck's USB hub.

What does the RO state that the dealer did? If you DM me your VIN I can see what the dealer billed to Ford with any associated comments.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So, if a mod in FORSCAN (requires programming APIM + any other module) , AND APIM = replaced, THEN results = “unpredictable”.

o_O

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if a mod in FORSCAN (requires programming APIM + any other module) , AND APIM = replaced, THEN results = “unpredictable”.

o_O

I have hacked the hell out of my raptor, 2 f150’s, f350, and expedition, I haven’t killed a thing. It’s super doubtful that Forscan is the cause. Even if you didn’t save the original as built, you can always download it and re-install your files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have hacked the hell out of my raptor, 2 f150’s, f350, and expedition, I haven’t killed a thing. It’s super doubtful that Forscan is the cause. Even if you didn’t save the original as built, you can always download it and re-install your files.

The APIM is programmed differently than other modules on the vehicle. I ran the VIN for waveslayer and on the most recent repair the APIM had DTC U2101 set, which indicates an incorrect or incomplete APIM configuration. ForScan makes configuration changes seem simple, but there is a lot more to module programming and configuration it than the average user realizes.

waveslayer told me he has a Naviks camera override kit installed, I recommended he remove that as well as any other aftermarket equipment and re-evaluate.

Last edited:

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The APIM is programmed differently than other modules on the vehicle. I ran the VIN for waveslayer and on the most recent repair the APIM had DTC U2101 set, which indicates an incorrect or incomplete APIM configuration. ForScan makes configuration changes seem simple, but there is a lot more to module programming and configuration it than the average user realizes.

waveslayer told me he has a Naviks camera override kit installed, I recommended he remove that as well as any other aftermarket equipment and re-evaluate.

Oh, I realize that, I was hex editing as built file before Forscan showed up, using a WDS to do my reloading of files, you are correct, the aftermarket gear can cause lots of problems with the newer vehicles, I run into this with fleet vehicles that up fitters touch, some of the simplest things will make cars do all kinds of janky $h!t.

jfitts23

Reaction score
Does anyone have all the stock module files for a 2017 crewcab 802a package truck? I thought i saved my stock calibrations but now i can't find them nowhere. I tried some ford website that i saw on the F150 forum but that didn't get me anywhere.