Ford Raptor Invoice Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no regrets for ordering from the dealer you recommended "Raptor911"...I am EXTREMELY grateful for the advice and you also know I placed my order with them a couple of weeks ago. My only point to "jrodrg" is my "initial" reaction was one of trepidation...since I had no prior knowledge about the dealership, and it was not as if I could hop on down a few miles and say Hi... But now that I have talked to them over the phone, and the TERRIFIC deal (thanks again...to you...), I feel much better. In addition, it makes me feel better about making a similar decision to purchase from "afar" in the future. It is ironic that after years of contemplating the purchase of a new truck...I end up picking one which is one of the most popular trucks on the planet....

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not in ca. buy a vehice here, pay tax here, even if you register it in another state. the moment a new vehicle comes into ca, you are aying its tax no matter what. there is one exception, and that is dealer to dealer trade

I have a friend who is an auto broker, been in the business for over 20 years. He told me you are taxed according to the tax rate of the area you live. California has a lot of different tax rates. I purchased a car for my father back in Montana several years ago out here. I was charged no sales tax, because Montana does not have a sales tax. As long as you show proof of residency of where the vehicle will be used and show it's insured there. You should have no problem..

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Hey TJJ. Oregon should be doable. Who, where, and how much? Do you have any idea how taxes work if I buy out of state? I heard I would have to pay the taxes of the state i buy in, as well as taxes of the state I register in.

Your taxes should be based on your residence where the truck will be kept and insured. That needs to be worked out before hand.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i could very well be wrong, but i heard that if you drive it off the lot, you pay ca. sales tax, but if you ship it to the state you live in, then it will be waived and you only pay your states tax. anyone know for sure?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i could very well be wrong, but i heard that if you drive it off the lot, you pay ca. sales tax, but if you ship it to the state you live in, then it will be waived and you only pay your states tax. anyone know for sure?

I think any reputable dealer could answer your question.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score

When I tried to go through Tizzle last year, I was told I would have to pay the CA tax to drive it off the lot, as well as the tax of the state that I register in. I'm sure there is a way to work around it, but it's probably a pain. I'm no tax/dealership expert though.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
F-That! I have no issues with paying taxes but I do have issues paying taxes on the same item 2x. I will NEVER buy a car from California.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You pay the tax for the state you register it in. The dealer is required to send the paperwork to the dmv in the state you register the vehicle in. You pay taxes and license fees for that state, not the state you purchase it in..... California has different tax rates for different counties. Its the same here too, you pay sales tax for the county you are having the vehicle registered, regardless of the county you purchase it in....

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You pay the tax for the state you register it in. The dealer is required to send the paperwork to the dmv in the state you register the vehicle in. You pay taxes and license fees for that state, not the state you purchase it in..... California has different tax rates for different counties. Its the same here too, you pay sales tax for the county you are having the vehicle registered, regardless of the county you purchase it in....

This is correct. Having purchased a new vehicle a few times and registering it elsewhere (military), taxes are paid on the city/county/state you register it in, not where you purchased it from. That being said, if you don't tell your dealer where you are registering it ahead of time, they submit the sales receipt to the state you bought it in. You will then get a notification from the state saying you havent yet paid taxes on your vehicle....All you have to do then is just send in proof that you have paid the taxes (in another state). Only thing to be careful on. You just cant arbitrarily say "Hey im registering it in Montana because I want to." There has to be some sort of proof of connection to where you are registering it, otherwise the state you bought it in could claim your argument is not strong enough and tax you anyway. (ie, residency, land ownership, voter registration). Other options are if you have a family member who lives in that tax free state to take ownership of the vehicle first, then transfer it to you. I think most states allow transfer between family members tax free.

Back on thread Vehicle info:
2013 SCREW
Raptor Plus
Hood Graphic
Shipping/ marketing fees

MSRP 48900
Paid 45800

ejlmoney

Reaction score
Only spouses can gift money or property of unlimited value to each other.

If other individuals (whether they are related or not) gift anything of value greater than $13,000 per individual per calendar year, it will be subject to gift tax.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

exceptions are gifts for medical expenses or educational expenses