Ford Performance Touring Exhaust Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RUFdriver

Reaction score
Yep. It obviously doesn't rev as high or as fast... but the tone is similar.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

I've tried to take some videos but I only have my iPhone.... and honestly they all sound so tame that it just sounds like a stock exhaust. You can't really hear the nuances. About all the videos pick up is that it doesn't make any loud noise. The microphone just isn't that great.

The tone is completely different, couldn't be further from a Porsche flat 6 !

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Insult to Porsches everywhere.

It's not my fault your Corsa drones and sounds like a Honda with a hole in the muffler. It's ok. I understand you're green with envy.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not my fault your Corsa drones and sounds like a Honda with a hole in the muffler. It's ok. I understand you're green with envy.

I hate to agree with this post, but he is pretty accurate with his comment. I have the Corsa muffler installed and while I like hearing the exhaust more and think the tone is better than stock, I thought the exact same thing while driving home yesterday. I bought the muffler hoping I would fix my gas pedal vibration issues which I was told were caused by a harmonic frequency issue, but my pedal still vibrates.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And it's not my fault that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. "Sounds like a Porsche....".

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it's not my fault that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. "Sounds like a Porsche....".

And how do you know I don't own a 2017 Porsche Cayenne S? Perhaps that's my side by side benchmark in my driveway? You just never know do you? Funny how that works isn't it?

I may actually have a few cars and trucks. My truck isn't my daily driver by any stretch.

So before you laugh.... you may want to consider the source. I've been pretty accurate with everything I've posted up to this point.

There is no need to beat on your chest. It's a collaborative forum. Tone it down bud.

https://youtu.be/NHS3cYd1nnQ

Why don't you take a listen to a cold start and a rev up?

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, good for you! I may also know what a Porsche sounds like. You are the one bragging about paying 2k for your truck to sound the same as stock. I know what a Corsa sounds like because I actually have it on my truck, and I like it. Again, to each his own.

IMG_9412.jpg

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, good for you! I may also know what a Porsche sounds like. You are the one bragging about paying 2k for your truck to sound the same as stock. I know what a Corsa sounds like because I actually have it on my truck, and I like it. Again, to each his own.

And every one of those sounds different than the Porsche I'm referencing. I will admit I should have been more specific. That's a very nice collection though. I particularly like how you have them stored. It takes up a lot less space that way.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

And you're mistaken. I'm not bragging at all and if it came off that way I'm sorry. I'm not about that at all. I'm trying to help people who are on the fence about this particular aftermarket exhaust. The first exhaust I bought was only $1200.00 and it sounded terrible. Virtually everyone on here can afford whatever exhaust they want. It's not a money issue at all. I didn't buy it for 2,000 either. That may be with carbon tips. I paid 1690.00 or something.... I forget now. Just under 1700.00

And yes I am being very specific when I say it's not much different than stock. For those who want a little bit of a bump over stock this is great. This exhaust is not great for someone who wants to thunderclap around the neighborhood. It works for me.

Imagine for a minute if I said it sounded loud, mean and super aggressive with quiet highway and no drone??? You'd have guys who maybe want a Corsa Extreme or a Borla ATAK sound thinking this may be the exhaust for them only to be very disappointed. I think you'd hate it. You don't want stock decibels. It doesn't mean you're wrong. It's just not what you're after. So I'm being as honest as I can.

I think you have me figured wrong. I'm also not trying to compare it to a Porsche 911 and take responsibility for that confusion. It reminds me of the Cayenne S. It's not exactly the same no. It has that general tone and is reminiscent of it. The Cayenne S is a more refined sound for sure. It was just me thinking out loud.... one of those.... oh hey.... that kinda sounds similar now.

Truly.... I wasn't looking for trouble.