Ford Performance Touring Exhaust Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
None of these systems make it sound better.

Best bet is to go the quiet, performance route like the gen1 ecoboost crowd figured out many years ago.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.

So I got FORScan working and removed the fake noise.

EVEN BETTER!

I forgot what it was like not to have that weird stereophonic vroom noise... honestly.... now what little noise and growl you hear is noticibly BEHIND you.

I give two thumbs up on the FOMOCO FORD PERFORMANCE TOURING EXHAUST!

Are there any structural/physical differences with the FP touring vs stock beyond the FP touring is made by Borla?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any structural/physical differences with the FP touring vs stock beyond the FP touring is made by Borla?

Straight through free flowing with a 3 inch passive bypass valve.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no bypass valve...

And look at just a few of the pinch points in the stock exhaust.

The aftermarket is mandrel bent without pinch points and there is no taper or restriction at the weld points into the muffler or resonator.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 100

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it, pictures very helpful

$2K is rich for an exhaust with no real gains, but at least I can now see the differences

Could I use the stock matte black tips on the FP exhaust? No downsides to this right?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrapped it

So as an experiment...

I wrapped the actual muffler. Just a quick wrap. 19.99 on AMAZON.

I wanted to see if it changed the sound in any way.

It may the exhaust smoother, knocked the overall sound down a good 15-20 percent.

I'll probably take it off because it sounds almost too quiet! It's that noticible.

Nothing fancy. Just curiosity.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Got it, pictures very helpful

$2K is rich for an exhaust with no real gains, but at least I can now see the differences

Could I use the stock matte black tips on the FP exhaust? No downsides to this right?

One of those pictures.... the pipe with the heat shield.... and the pinch points.... is the tailpipes.

If you're thinking the Borla mid pipe... beware.... it's loud and over 70mph it's going to just ring in your ears.

The FOMOCO one accomplishes it's work with a resonator. I'm betting the Corsa sport is similar without the resonator delete, but then you are left breathing through the stock resonator.

I think you're getting what you paid for.... especially if you don't want to wake the neighbors.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright - not for naught but if you loved your exhaust so much why did you wrap it? Think you think it still is a bit loud

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright - not for naught but if you loved your exhaust so much why did you wrap it? Think you think it still is a bit loud

Pure curiosity on my part. I was reading about people doing it and I wanted to see what the actual change was. It will make whatever you have quieter I think.

I'm not leaving it on. I still find the touring sound to be quiet. It's nothing like the Gibson and one notch over stock. Wrapped I think it's one notch under stock. Lol

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I post everything...
With the thought it may help someone or give them an idea.... to share information.

I wouldn't yank anyone's chain.

If the exhaust was unacceptably loud I'd say it.... just as I did with the Gibson. See those old posts. It was terrible.

I have no sworn allegiance to a Ford or Borla.

KWT

Reaction score
Great review GUY!

Quick question though, is it true that one of the Touring or the Sport exhausts gives you +12hp because of the air free flow thing? Any torque gains? If not, honestly speaking, do you feel you made the right decision by spending 2,000 dollars for a "notch"?

Thank you Sir