Ford Pass: who uses it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it for the reasons mentioned. It’s easy to use, if you can’t figure it out you don’t need a smart phone. It also told me about my recall 2 months or so before my letter came in the mail.

PitchforkR

Reaction score
I used it to schedule my truck to start during my flight back to dfw.. I could also see setting it to start regularly if I were going to be away for a month or three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's been crazy hot the past few weeks in Houston; as in multiple days over 100. I use it when I'm leaving the gym midday and just took a shower so I don't start sweating again right after I got cleaned up.

Even with full ceramic tint, a black top parking lot is brutal so I use it to start it from the locker room before I head out the door.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been crazy hot the past few weeks in Houston; as in multiple days over 100. I use it when I'm leaving the gym midday and just took a shower so I don't start sweating again right after I got cleaned up.

Even with full ceramic tint, a black top parking lot is brutal so I use it to start it from the locker room before I head out the door.

We've had a several week long heat wave in Southern California, my weathertech sun shade has made a HUGE difference in the amount of heat the interior absorbs. It's a pain in the ass to take on and off, but well worth the effort in these weather conditions.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We've had a several week long heat wave in Southern California, my weathertech sun shade has made a HUGE difference in the amount of heat the interior absorbs. It's a pain in the ass to take on and off, but well worth the effort in these weather conditions.

I've been meaning to test to see if that would work better. I do have 80% ceramic tint on my windshield and it makes a significant difference. But I'm sure an actual sun shade would make an additional improvement.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use it most times I am out, I always forget to lock the truck or think I forgot anyway. And warming up or cooling off after the plane lands when I come home from a business trip. Very handy.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the app. I'm used to spending A LOT on a Viper remote start. The app works better than Vipers app. Only compliant I have is no positive feedback on the door lock. You get a message saying they locked or unlocked but once it goes away nothing there to tell you. I also wish it showed the tire pressure. If it say's " monitoring " none are showing low. I let the air out of one to see what it says and got a " low tire warning" but nothing saying what tire. Overall, very pleased.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I've been meaning to test to see if that would work better. I do have 80% ceramic tint on my windshield and it makes a significant difference. But I'm sure an actual sun shade would make an additional improvement.

he's in California. land of the oppressed and loving it. they have to be careful with tint. I have limo ceramic on every window and roof and heat is not an issue here in South Texas

Roger33

Reaction score
I'm not going to say that it's stupid that I am unable to connect devices to my truck via 3G . But, I've got kids and they think it's stupid that I can't at least merge my phone's hotspot to the truck so they can watch Peppa Pig and Chuggington on a tablet. I personally am not complaining, but there are times I wouldn't mind the option.

I turn my phone into a "hotspot" through the settings Personal Hotspot tab and my kids log into my wi-fi for internet access when we are on trips. Works well.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it daily. I don't have windows in my office, so i don't like to rely on the key fob. However, with the app, it tells me when it's started it.

It also nice when I'm about to board a plane and I can't remember if I locked the doors.