Ford Pass: who uses it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use this feature? And what are the overall impressions? Its been scorching here lately, and i kind of feel like tinkering with it, but then I just use my keyfob and start my truck before the "long walk" to my parking space... all 100 feet of it.
Anyway, how does this work when our trucks don't have wireless modems installed as far as i know . If i recall ATT or Verizon mobile internet was supposed to be an option but didn't get implemented for some reason.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use my key fob as well. Works plenty well and works from far away.

Ford Pass is cool but I dont really care about any other features other than remote start.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use my key fob as well. Works plenty well and works from far away.

Ford Pass is cool but I dont really care about any other features other than remote start.

I was looking through the literature online about scheduling startups and it got me thinking. I'm just not motivated enough right now to mess with it.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the literature online about scheduling startups and it got me thinking. I'm just not motivated enough right now to mess with it.

haha I can barely work my DVR let alone worry about scheduling start ups for my truck.

maybe when the younger kids get old enough to own vehicles this might be a feature they want.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use it if I want to "pre condition" my truck on a hot summer day and I'm well out of range of my key fob. I also use it if I don't remember whether or not I locked the doors. When I dropped my car off for tints and later a wrap, I used the location feature to make sure it wasn't being taken on any joy rides. It's also a handy way to retrieve my VIN if I need it for something as well as being notified of any recalls. I used it to figure out where I parked the last time I went to Disneyland.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is nice to keep up with parking locations the few times I go into the Metroplex. Further, you can keep tabs on how many miles the shop is putting on your truck if you've taken it in for something.

Dealer services get logged in the app, so you can keep track of things a bit easier that way as well.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck has a wireless modem, just not one you can connect devices to. You can start, lock, unlock, and check fuel level from anywhere with cell coverage. It also reports errors to Ford.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it, to check the location of the truck. Just to make sure it's where I left it, and not stolen.

I've tried to use the "Destinations" portion of the app that's supposed to let you send an address from the app to the truck, doesn't seem to work though, even after turning android auto off.
Seems easier to just screenshot the address on my phone, and type it in the nav manually.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has a wireless modem, just not one you can connect devices to. You can start, lock, unlock, and check fuel level from anywhere with cell coverage. It also reports errors to Ford.

I'm not going to say that it's stupid that I am unable to connect devices to my truck via 3G . But, I've got kids and they think it's stupid that I can't at least merge my phone's hotspot to the truck so they can watch Peppa Pig and Chuggington on a tablet. I personally am not complaining, but there are times I wouldn't mind the option.

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the app, it's pretty good. One thing I am missing in comparison to other car's app is the reminder that the car is unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter