Sliding cover for wireless phone charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Raptor in at the dealer for the rear clunk (finally both shocks replaced), the wrinkle in the driver's side seat (new seat cover installed), the Parking light flicker recall (updated computer), and wiper motor recall (part is back-ordered). I showed the service manager when I close my wireless charging cell phone cover it makes a very hard clunking noise. He wrote it up and when I picked my truck up today he said that this is a normal operation and the tech agrees it's normal. He even said his personal f150 does the same thing. I find it hard to believe this is normal and the truck as to go back in a month to get the wiper blade motor replaced along with the other rear shock replaced when it comes in. I am including a video. Is this normal for the sliding cover to close this clunky and harsh or is this dealer just full of crap? Video below. Thanks for the assistance. If there is a Gen 3 on the lot in a month when I bring it back I will walk him out and show him the difference. There wasn't one this time when I went to pick it up but I guess I could just choose almost any f-150 since they all have this feature now?

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, do not pull it. Just push it again and it should close smoothly. Don’t feel bad as I also did this because that is how my MB SUV closes it lid until the Ford sales person told me to just push it in again lol.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, do not pull it. Just push it again and it should close smoothly. Don’t feel bad as I also did this because that is how my MB SUV closes it lid until the Ford sales person told me to just push it in again lol.
Spread the word far and wide….I’m an idiot. Lol it works fine. You just need to push it back in and it’s nice and smooth. Thanks for the help.