Ford Maintenance Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am going to be taking ownership of my new 2018 Raptor next week.

The dealer asked me if I wanted to purchase the prepaid Ford Maintenance Plan which is supposed to cover all oil changes, belts and hoses, brake, rotors, shocks etc.

At first he asked me if I would be doing any off-roading which I replied “No” … the salesperson said that if the shocks ever go on it is about $4000 (Canadian) per shock … ouch!

The maintenance plan covers all of the above and scheduled maintenance for 5 years for $2700 (Canadian). Just wondering if any of you guys have purchased this plan, what you think about it and if it’s worth getting?

If you do have it maintenance plan, have you had any issues getting service?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the plan is not worth it for the current model years. IF you want new shocks I'm certain aftermarket ones are MUCH cheaper...not to mention a possible upgrade.

I did some research and there's not a significant amount of "maintenance" to consider. IF the plan was cheaper than you doing your own oil changes over the same miles then sure go buy it.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the maintenance plan online after purchasing the truck thinking it would save me money. Then I got my first service done and it would have been less than $100 had I paid out of pocket. Plus, you can take it to any Quick Lane (which is a Ford franchise) and they charge around $50-60 for an oil change. Depending on the length of the plan, the PMP also covers one or 2 brake jobs, spark plug replacements, and wiper blades. These are all relatively cheap on Fords even with factory parts.

The shocks was something that sold me. But looking at it now, the regular factory maintenance interval doesn’t include shock replacement. This means that the shocks will only be replaced if they fail. And only the ones that fail gets replaced. I looked online and you can get 4 Fox shocks rebuilt for around $500-600—maybe a little bit more if Fox rebuilds them so this isn’t something that’s going to break the bank.

You’re paying for peace of mind that your maintenance cost is already paid. As for saving money, I think it’s a wash. If you’re going to finance the PMP, I’d just opt not to do it and pay for maintenance as needed.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your dealer is full of shit. Rear shocks are under $500/ea new https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-hl3z18125d/?c=Zz1yZWFyLXN1c3BlbnNpb24mcz1zaG9ja3MtYW5kLWNvbXBvbmVudHMmaT1NQTEyODE1NSZyPTEmYT1mb3JkJm89Zi0xNTAmeT0yMDE4JnQ9cmFwdG9yJmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM=

As are the fronts. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...tMTUwJnk9MjAxOCZ0PXJhcHRvciZlPTMtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz

Not likely you will have to replace any belts of hoses in the first 5 years. Basically you would be paying $2700 for 6-7 oil changes depending on your miles driven.

FYI. Up here, we pay considerably more for many products. I would not be surprised that all four corners cost $4k CND.

OP, do yourself a favour and opt out of the maintenance plan. Totally not worth it, IMO.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the maintenance plan and warranty for 8 years through Flood Ford online after I bought it. I’ve not had much luck with turbo motors in the past and all the new gadgets on the truck could cost a pretty penny to repair/replace. Definitely get it if you get a 19 with live wire shocks as that is an additional gadget that could potentially break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His dealer quoted $4k per shock. $16k all 4.
Yes .. he said 4k per shock which made me a bit suspicious and I figured it was some sort of scare tactic.

Mine is a 2018 ... Not sure if it has those livewire shocks.

I typically put on less than 10k KM/year and none of them are off road so I think I'll take that 2700 and put it towards some things to personalize it.

Pretty crappy when a dealer does that sort of stuff especially after spending that kind of money on a premium vehicle. ... sad!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk