Ford is stopping F150 production (temporarily)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets not get in a pissing contest, I have/had a 6/3 build date what we need is solid reliable info on when production will start up again.

Most of the recent news is saying F-150 production will resume by the 18th. Super Duty will be down for an indefinite time. My build was scheduled for 5-14, so I'm expecting it will be pushed out to at least end of month.

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
Line back up on news this morning, they had to relocate die to England for bracket part,89,000 lbs moved it 30 hrs.from Ohio.back online

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When i first read this in another article it sounded like the whole Eaton plant was moved to England, when in fact it was just one die out of 19

"Working with Meridian and other suppliers, Ford said it moved 19 dies - used to shape magnesium parts - out of the Eaton Rapids plant in 30 hours. After inspecting and repairing the dies, Ford said some portions of the Eaton Rapids facility were able to restart production.

The automaker also flew one die weighing 87,000 pounds (39.5 tonnes) to a Meridian plant in Nottingham, England, after commissioning a giant Russian-built Antonov cargo plane"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Urban

Reaction score
The automaker also flew one die weighing 87,000 pounds (39.5 tonnes) to a Meridian plant in Nottingham, England, after commissioning a giant Russian-built Antonov cargo plane"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy shit that thing is massive. The logistics and cost to move that thing so quickly...wow

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit that thing is massive. The logistics and cost to move that thing so quickly...wow

The hit on Ford was $50 million a day for a factory to be shut down.

And thats the low number.

2 factories shut down for just 15 days is a $1.5 Billion hit

Low number again using the average cost they sell a F150 at.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like a 9 day shut down assuming the line went down on the 9th. I was scheduled for a 6/03 build date which I realize is a floating number could have been built prior or later than that date. At this point I just hope it gets built before the July shutdown and delivered before Memorial day.

Last edited:

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buzz, my build week is 5/28, it was actually moved up from your build week back on 5/3 (before the fire). Spoke with Ford Performance just yesterday and they still have the build week as 5/28, but I'm thinking they haven't gotten around to updating build dates/weeks yet to reflect the impact of the shutdown. Assuming it will be pushed back at this point...

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buzz, my build week is 5/28, it was actually moved up from your build week back on 5/3 (before the fire). Spoke with Ford Performance just yesterday and they still have the build week as 5/28, but I'm thinking they haven't gotten around to updating build dates/weeks yet to reflect the impact of the shutdown. Assuming it will be pushed back at this point...

HotLap,
Appreciate the info and update. This waiting sucks!!