Ford ESP / extended warranty plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Warranty, LOL

step 1: deny, deny, deny any sound is made or anything is wrong
step 2: looks for reasons to not fix it
step 3: MAYBE begrudgingly fix it

I wish I could pay less for a truck without the worthless warranty.

How many times do I have to make 2 trips to the dealer and not have the truck for a day for a leaky oil pan, just to be replaced with another plastic?

If it wasn't under warranty, I would have put in a metal one 2 pans ago.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I went through my dealer for my Ford ESP in 09/2017. Since I was out of my original extended warranty at 86k miles Ford requires an inspection. The dealer who did my inspection came within $100 of Flood Ford and I decided to go with them as they have been fair with warranty work on my very modified Raptor. The cost was worth the gamble for me since it was a good deal.

I've had several claims since I bought the ESP with the first one being just a month or so after buying the warranty for a leaking rear axle seal. Then the other side because Ford will only fix a seal that leaks. The engine cooling fan assembly, steering wheel clock spring, sticky door locks and transmission output sensor. My ESP cost has been pretty much covered now going by memory on costs and my warranty is good until 136k.

Only issue not covered was some grinding noise coming from my front diff and the diag was done at a dealer I have not dealt with before but has a great rep and I am friends with the general manager. The techs couldn't pinpoint the noise and figured it had to do with the fact that I had IWE Eliminators and the grinding that was only in 4WD was just part of the deal of having them... general manager nor I bought it but it meant Ford would send a field tech and once the eliminators were seen the warranty would be denied period. I respected that since my front end is modded and I don't expect work done on mods.

Turned out to be a c-clip that came out of the diff and we found this when we pulled the half-axle to fix a torn CV boot. With 93k on my Raptor the front diff had slop so we replaced bearings, shims an seals and all is good now. Over all cost to me less than $400 and the front diff is 100% now.

The key to any warranty work is a good dealer. If one wants to honor the work it will be done... those who are difficult to work with will be require a lot of fighting...

Reaction score
Ford Warranty, LOL

step 1: deny, deny, deny any sound is made or anything is wrong
step 2: looks for reasons to not fix it
step 3: MAYBE begrudgingly fix it

I wish I could pay less for a truck without the worthless warranty.

How many times do I have to make 2 trips to the dealer and not have the truck for a day for a leaky oil pan, just to be replaced with another plastic?

If it wasn't under warranty, I would have put in a metal one 2 pans ago.

Reaction score
I used to never buy ESP's, but starting with my 2007 Infiniti because of all the electronics, I changed that position, and bought them with my 09 F150, 14 Explorer, and 18 Raptor. Never had a problem with two different Ford dealers on claims, which have been minimal. Like an insurance policy. Some of the electronic systems are expensive if they need to be replaced and most things are plug and play these days.

Ripsnort

Reaction score
Flood Ford has the best cash price. There's another dealer that is slightly cheaper if you want to finance it.

I'd have those prices in hand and see if your dealer will match them.

Do you guys have a website or link for the prices from Flood Ford? How do you check on their prices?

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did as a few others mentioned. Printed out Flood Ford's prices and took with me to the dealer.
He pretty much matched them. He wasn't happy about it but a lot of people must do it because
he know who Flood Ford was.