Ford could halt production of the F-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw that they are shutting down tonight for an unknown length of time. My truck was due to be built next Monday.

Driver

Reaction score
The city manager in the town of the burned Magnesium plant had this to say according to the Detroit Free Press:

“In terms of getting them back and getting everything operational, the timeline that was given to me was 120 days,” he said.*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my luck had a build date of 6/3 I guess that's out the window.

Ditto, I heard an "unconfirmed rumor" on this mornings news that Ford had called back the Detroit work force to start on Monday...unconfirmed though and unlikely...

Cfoltz

Reaction score
I was sweating this as well. My original build date was to be 5/9. I called the SVT info line on the 10th after the news broke and luckily my raptor rolled off the line at midnight on 5/9, 24hrs before the plant was idled.

ETA in FL is 5/24 - 5/30

I also read that Ford had removed their tooling from the vendor that had the fire, so I'm sure they are quickly trying to find an alternative source of supply.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 differents news reports 3 different angles

1. Said it was a bracket for the radiator thats holding up production - from a tv news cast

2. Said it was parts needed to assemble the dash. From a internet site.

3, just said that the company had hired 300 folks to clean up the mess and would rebuild soon. A newspaper

This is the state of news today. No real facts and no real answers. Reporting is a dead science.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 differents news reports 3 different angles

1. Said it was a bracket for the radiator thats holding up production - from a tv news cast

2. Said it was parts needed to assemble the dash. From a internet site.

3, just said that the company had hired 300 folks to clean up the mess and would rebuild soon. A newspaper

This is the state of news today. No real facts and no real answers. Reporting is a dead science.

On Blue Oval, they're saying Meridian makes front seat bolsters for F-150, 3rd row seat frame for Explorer and various liftgate parts for Flex and MKT.