Ford F-150 Behind the Seat Stereo Package Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodcobra

Reaction score
guys, I didn't see it on the video, but how did you run the power wires under the truck and can you run them inside the truck.... thanks, Looking to buy this set up and doing the research.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys, I didn't see it on the video, but how did you run the power wires under the truck and can you run them inside the truck.... thanks, Looking to buy this set up and doing the research.
u drill near the pass side rear doorsill plate.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe OP was asking about the run from the battery to where it came in to the truck. Video showed where to drill the holes and how to feed it through them but not the actual path it took to get there. I also watched the video but did not see that part in it.

rodcobra

Reaction score
I believe OP was asking about the run from the battery to where it came in to the truck. Video showed where to drill the holes and how to feed it through them but not the actual path it took to get there. I also watched the video but did not see that part in it.
You are correct, I watched it and didn't see the run under the truck ...... Thanks

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About 6" from where you see the wire go under the carpet on both sides. Plastic grommet about 3" by 6". Just ran the wire from the alt back to the bed then from my Lithium back forward into the cab. Used the frame and zip tided to it.

285484030_10159878017065928_4162219428555883584_n.jpg

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, I watched it and didn't see the run under the truck ...... Thanks
I believe this is what you are looking for. Look up this video by sounds good. They are dressing the wires and zip stringing them along the frame then re entering the truck through water proof glands as seen in first video. If you are running big power and ground wires this is the way. I ran 2 1/0 cables through my firewall and through the truck to the back ABSOLUTE nightmare. I have been putting off an install on my wife’s truck and my new truck because I didn’t want to fight like that. For some reason I did not think it was ok to run outside down the truck. Don’t know if it’s ok to post a link but here’s a pic for you tube search.IMG_5289.jpeg

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I would rather fight a cable ran inside the cab. Running power wires zip tied underneath a truck does NOT sound safe to me. Especially ones not loomed in plastic.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have 2 trucks to do I am going to dress them and loom them just to make sure. I am getting to old to fight anymore.