Ford Atlas Concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
this is one hell of a magic truck. to various forum members is looks like a chevy, super duty,dodge ram,toyota,nissan,and a caddy.can anyone really say with all the badges off they could not i.d. it as a ford. lets give it a chance including driving it..oh yeah one day you could be driving one

No doubt it would still look like a ford. It just has some design features that relate to other vehicles. It's still one of a kind but with the history of concept vehicles, I don't think we'll see one look just like this come to production.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has it been lost on anyone that we have had the 2015 Atlas concept available to see since February, but the mustang, which comes out a full 8 months earlier is still no where to be seen 6 months later? That's basically a full year swing.

Just an observation.

I love the Atlas! Seen it at its unveiling and I think it is a home run.

Banned
Reaction score
Has it been lost on anyone that we have had the 2015 Atlas concept available to see since February, but the mustang, which comes out a full 8 months earlier is still no where to be seen 6 months later? That's basically a full year swing.

Just an observation.

I love the Atlas! Seen it at its unveiling and I think it is a home run.

2015 Ford Mustang shows its face in public

the atlas is simply a concept vehicle. the next gen mustang is not.
makes perfect sense a concept vehicle is revealed, and a actual vehicle is not.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, have you seen a concept vehicle for the mustang?

And Im not talking about this: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/8/26/New-Ford-Mustang-Comes-into-Focus-7715932/

Not artist renditions, or what I will just flat call ******** on a half ass mocked up front cowling they slipped on the chassis.

So, just thinking out loud here, but Ford produces a concept vehicle for the upcoming F150 and lets the public see it, give feedback on it, and discuss and digest it for 18 months before it goes into full production, and which I suspect we will see a final production version in February at The Detroit autoshow one year after the concept, and six months before production.

But the mustang gets its 50th anniversary in 6 months, and will be in production supposedly. Yet, not a concept vehicle, or even a sketch from Ford? To put it another way, if they are truly gonna hit the 50th anniversary date production schedule, order banks would open up in probably November? Preproduction vehicles, media mules, an enormous amount of cars will need to be produced in advance of that. Yet, not a peep from Ford.

Interesting. That's all Im saying, interesting.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
There's no concept mustang because the mustang is already a production car.

I think your a tad confused as to what a concept vehicle is. It's an idea, very rarely is it turned into an actual vehicle. More often than not they take design cues from a concept car, for use in a production car.

Production cars don't get concepts. They get renderings. Which the mustang has plenty of.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's no concept mustang because the mustang is already a production car.

I think your a tad confused as to what a concept vehicle is. It's an idea, very rarely is it turned into an actual vehicle. More often than not they take design cues from a concept car, for use in a production car.

Production cars don't get concepts. They get renderings. Which the mustang has plenty of.

Did you really say that? It's 6.2% thought out...

* The Mustang is already a production car
* So no Mustang concept car will be made
* The F-150 is already a production truck
* So no F-150 concept truck will be made
* But wait, Ford made a concept truck called the Atlas
* Meanwhile there's a rendering of the Mustang

I think your concept is buried up your rendering