For those who went to a Tremor Super Duty...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure - first initial difference is definitely size. The Tremor is longer and taller, definitely an extra step to get into. Interior is very similar - my raptor was an 802A and this truck is a Lariat Ultimate which has similar options. I miss the raptor steering wheel, I liked how thick and bolstered it was around the grips...the superduty lacks that and I think it would be a great addition. Handling is much different between the two which is the most obvious. The raptor to me felt very planted and the steering was excellent, superduties are solid front axle and you can tell...you get just a little bit of wander compared to how stable the raptor is. Overall I am pleasantly surprised with how well it rides and handles normal bumps in the road, hit a washboard road though and that is really where you can see a Raptor shines. You bounce around a bit in a superduty. As stated before I was also surprised with how quiet and smooth it is in the cab. I had 35in Toyo MTs on the raptor and the Tremor on duratracs was a nice transition. The diesel is just awesome, massive amounts of torque anywhere is just impressive. For a big truck it really moves out. You just lose the quick and nimbleness of the Raptor but something about the big diesel makes up for it. Planning to hook my trailer up tomorrow and see how she pulls, something tells me i wont be disappointed :)

Both great trucks in their own right!

Thanks for the detailed report. Longer than the Raptor means it would be a bit of a challenge for me for DD for general parking and in/out of my garage and driveway. I bet your tow test is not gonna be much of a test. Everything I've heard says Super Duty + 6.7L = "am I really towing something?"

OP
OP
NE Raptor

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carli sells two options for steering stabilizers. I'd highly recommend getting both of them. One is a direct bolt-on factory replacement. The other is their "low" stabilizer that comes with a front differential guard too. They install and function opposing each other.

Until I put the lower stabilizer on, my truck would pull slightly to the passenger and I'd get a bit of a "wiggle" in the steering when towing over 8K lbs. Since I installed it, I've had zero issues and the steering feels "tighter" and inspires confidence.

I know it is a brand spanking new truck, but my two best mods have been the s&b 60-gallon tank, and the steering stabilizers. I wish Ford did both from the factory, but the good news is, neither mod is prohibitively expensive.

that is exactly what I am talking about - is this it?

http://www.cjcoffroad.com/Carli-2017-Ford-Super-Duty-High-Mount-Stabilizer-p/cs-fhmss-17.htm

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
so much for leaving it stock!!!

looks like i found upgrade #1 but i think it will be well worth it for the money spent there. as always, thank you for the valuable input @zombiekiller

anyone looking at the underside of your truck that isn't you doesn't make financial decisions for you anyway.

I know getting your mod cherry popped is a special thing. It's okay to be nervous. I'm just glad that I got to be part of it. :evillol:

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agreed, my seats were hard as a rock in that truck and they had the warning motors in the seat for lane assist - it drove me crazy. It was so uncomfortable

One question I have - although Texas might not be a problem for you with cold weather (until recently). At what temps are people plugging these in at night? It was single digits here last night and -10 or so with wind chills. She was cold this morning but started right up and I let it run quite a bit before driving it. Any idea what temps they need to be plugged in at?

I live down in Fredericksburg and when Snovid hit, it was sub zero windchill for a night or two. For the first time ever, my truck would not start after 2 days parked. Plugged it in and within 30 mins it started right up. Never have I ever used the engine block heater, but glad I had it.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so much for leaving it stock!!!

looks like i found upgrade #1 but i think it will be well worth it for the money spent there. as always, thank you for the valuable input @zombiekiller

I did not go the stabilizer route, but did add aftermarket track bar, Icon springs, and Fox Resi shocks front and back. It makes a difference. The factory shocks suck and do not hold up.

RaptouR

Reaction score
Purchased my special ordered 2020 F350 Tremor back in January 2020. Y’all will laugh but the truck is over a year old and has a whopping 3300 miles on the odometer. Covid hit and really screwed up my plans. The truck is great, and the 6.7L is so strong. But now because of Covid crap my situation has changed and don’t really need the Tremor. I will be ordering a Raptor when the order banks open.

I am going the opposite way of the thread!