For those of you with recent Gen2 purchases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJitty

Reaction score
Hello All,

For anyone who's recently purchased a used Gen 2, were you able to negotiate down at all? I'm seeing a handful of raptors that appear to be clean but sitting on the lot for 90+ days in some cases. I plan to have independent pre purchase inspection if I decide on one, but just in general wondering how your negotiations went when it came to getting your Gen 2 in the last 3-5 months or so. Thanks all

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a few dealerships and they came off the price a little bit. Maybe a grand Winded up finding mine through this forum at a way better deal.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine the end of December 2021, but found it while searching Autotrader on Thanksgiving day. I immediately went to test drive it the next day (friday). They weren't willing to move much on the price that exact day, but they called me almost every week afterwards slowly offering it at a lower price. I think in the end I got about $4k off their original price.

I did notice something tho: I had been looking for one since August. I made so many offers I lost count. Some of these trucks had been sitting for more then 4 months on their lot but the dealers wouldn't budge at all. It was only the ones where I went in person to test drive it that they were willing to negotiate.

OP
OP
C

CJitty

Reaction score
Great insight folks. Appreciate you all chiming in so far. Always great to get current feedback that can help. This forum has been invaluable to future owners such as myself

Bubbles560

Reaction score
I got mine about a month ago in southern cali. I wasn’t able to negotiate the price down all that much but I was able to negotiate my trade in up a significant amount (2014 4Runner w/ 91k miles for $28k trade in value)

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered 75 K for my 19 , 10K miles on it . I was looking at a Gen 3 37 Package They want 102K for it . I kept my 19 .

pjbeats

Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 with 20k miles (30k kms) here in Canada. Still has almost 2 years factory warranty as service date was late 2020. Full load with Methods, Roush etc and I had to pay more than I wanted at $93 CDN. Would’ve preferred to be at $85 but not in the cards. Any low milage trucks here in Alberta are about $5k or more than compared to other provinces. Oh well, it is what it is. My Gen 1 is worth what I paid for it new and I am keeping that too so I guess that’s a good thing but I will undoubtably lose money on the Gen2. That’s life!!

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll bet they all come down heavily in the next 6 months with the impending recession the media keeps telling us is gonna happen. I bet it does as I’m already having clients cancel jobs due to “economy” and stock market and rising gas prices. So just wait and you’ll get a deal.

thechrisnotopher

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up mine two months ago.

I shopped around quite a bit.

Ended up finding one about 8 hours away.

2020 “Gold” Certified. Saved a full 15k from buying locally for a similar build and certification.

If you are willing to travel and deal with the hassle of an out of state purchase, you can save big money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter