Foot in mouth, need help, bring crowbar!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHanly83

Reaction score
2019 supercrew performance blue with blue Recaro, every option including those damn stickers! Spray in bed liner and tonneau cover. It was the owner of the dealerships truck and he put 12,000 miles on it. I was in the middle of letting a salesman have it through emails, keyboard badass I know, about the fact it’s listed as new and it comes to have 12000 miles. I don’t care if Jesus drove it, if I drove down to look at a truck that was 4hrs away it better have less than 12 miles on it if it’s NEW. So I got thinking what I could haggle this guy down to. Started asking if the owners is a *******, has speeding tickets, is fat, parks inside, smoker, lover of McDonald’s, dog owner, druggy, alcoholic etc etc etc.
finally get an answer about the fat one and speeding one. “I do speed and I am 5’9” 150 pounds”
Ooooopps!!! Turns out he is pretty cool, he was chewing the promo guys ass for not listing the truck as dealer demo and also laughing with his wife about my questions.
Either way what do you guys think i should try to get for this and what I should should reasonably ask for?
The guy gets it detailed once a week, he has a beater, this is his toy, it’s his 9th raptor, it gets parked inside etc etc etc.
I want a brand new truck but if I can get this for 60 with extended warranty and maybe some new shoes of my choosing with new interest rates and promos. I think it’s 72 months 0%apr 0 down with 90 days for free. But only on 2019s

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've ran my mouth without enough thinking, more in reaction rather than action. Ask him to forgive you and try to start over. Sounds like the truck has the right equipment and add-ons, plus extended warranty and ZERO % financing = can't beat that deal, I think.

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
Yeah he actually seems like a good guy. I have wanted a raptor for a long time and figured when I finally buy one it will be brand spanking new. As for the 0% it seems that only applies to the non premium vehicles, stated in the very very very fine print!
I don’t know for 5 grand more I can get a 20 with 12 miles on it. Just figured what everyone’s thoughts are on this. He seems to take care of his vehicles and this isn’t his first raptor so chances are he has gotten his jolly’s off on the previous 8.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So a quick look online shows a typical vehicle depreciates about 20% in the first year. this truck is a full model year old with 12k on the clock. Raptors hold their value well, so figure 10-15% depreciation. Miles carry their own depreciation via wear and tear.

$60k sounds about right to me. Not sure if you can negotiate much more than that not knowing your local market.

You’re right though, if it’s going to end up being only $5-6k more for a ’20 with no miles in new condition, that’s not a hard call to make.

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
Thanks @smurfslayer now can you talk to my wife and explain the logic that I NEED a 70 to 80 thousand dollar truck. Also 20 so in modifications. Thanks

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
0% APR for 84 mos.

Not available on F-150 Raptor.

The Raptor is excluded from most promotions, read the details.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks @smurfslayer now can you talk to my wife and explain the logic that I NEED a 70 to 80 thousand dollar truck. Also 20 so in modifications. Thanks

I think we need to seek out @Troutrad - Do I recall correctly that your wife bought the Rap for you?

I mean my wife is helpful and never interferes with motorcycle or truck purchases but buying for the husband is next level.

Wives everywhere should take notice. Just sayin'

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
@Winchester30 yeah I read the very fine print. It’s a little deceiving, in the popular in big bold words 2019 exclusion superduty**
@goblues38 it’s more of the fact I don’t really want to buy a used raptor. I have found a 2020 for 68 grand. It isn’t blue and doesn’t have to the cover or bed liner.
O well I am in no hurry, my job isn’t at risk of being closed and I don’t NEED one, I’ll revisit the dealerships in a month or so.