Foot in mouth, need help, bring crowbar!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
@smurfslayer i can one up you there, I had a guy at my shop who’s wife bought him a brand new corvette zo6 or zr1. Can’t remember which one but it was over 100 grand. He actually just wanted the new stingray when it came out. Also I am welder/ weld inspector and he turns wrenches.

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
I just had a dealership email me 2019 all options except beadlocks blue with blue recaros for $66 something with no miles

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
They just want to sell you a truck. You could hurl just about anything at these guys.
When I bought mine, it turned into a 5 hour ordeal, I was getting very heated under the collar, toward the end. Sitting in the finance office with the finance guy, salesman and manager, I told them "The problem here is they have too many fat guys with short ties running around." Two out of the 3 laughed.

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
Yeah it will be interesting in the next few weeks what happens. I’m sure the raptors won’t go too low but after a few weeks of nothing but crickets at the dealerships I’m sure they will throw anything in to sweeten the pot.

OP
OP
CHanly83

CHanly83

Reaction score
thanks for taking time out of your day to prove me wrong, even tho I already admitted I was wrong.
But I will probably have fun on my hunt.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
They just want to sell you a truck. You could hurl just about anything at these guys.
When I bought mine, it turned into a 5 hour ordeal, I was getting very heated under the collar, toward the end. Sitting in the finance office with the finance guy, salesman and manager, I told them "The problem here is they have too many fat guys with short ties running around." Two out of the 3 laughed.

When I bought my 1st SVT - ’97 Mustang Cobra, I had found it, test drove it, negotiated the price. All that remained was trade, paperwork, get keys and go. When I arrived i told the salesman - “I am an obsessive compulsive time manager. I am giving this transaction exactly 75 minutes to complete, if I haven’t been presented the last papers to sign, keys and the deal complete at 74 minutes, we’re leaving and I’ll find another car. I want this one, but I’m only willing to spend 75 minutes doing this deal, can you handle it?” He agreed and we were on our way within an hour.

The next car purchase was the wife’s and that one was a $hit show. I’ve had good and not quite as good experiences in between.

Raptor purchase was great start to finish. did 95% of the deal by SMS text. I did spend a lot of time at the stealership but it was all me being a(n a$$hole) thorough consumer.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we need to seek out @Troutrad - Do I recall correctly that your wife bought the Rap for you?

I mean my wife is helpful and never interferes with motorcycle or truck purchases but buying for the husband is next level.

Wives everywhere should take notice. Just sayin'

Yeah, she knew I’d had my eye on it for a few years and my 2000 Tundra was feelin it’s age. She’s one in a milliion! (My wife is pretty cool too...haha)